Who needs electric strips...

...with a blower motor like this

MODEL NO SKCP39FG 1/4 HP, *********10875 RPM*********,

*************54.2 AMPS************, 115 VOLTS, 1/2" SHAFT 4" LONG
Reply to
<kjpro

That is a specialty motor for extremely high static applications. It probably would take about 50 amps to turn that blower wheel at 10875 RPM. It is very important that the wheel is perfectly balanced though. Larry

Reply to
lp13-30

Come on Larry... don&#39;t kid us (-;. The motor is 1/4 horse... It does not take 50 amps to develop 1/4 horse no matter what RPM you&#39;re turning it.

1 horsepower is roughly equivalent to 746 watts (single phase).

Additionally, can you imagine how many windings that thing would have to have in order to turn 10,000 rpm AT LINE frequency? What kind of bearings would it take...?

I love it when idiots on EBay don&#39;t even know what they&#39;re selling.

It would be a decent buy for 15 bucks, though.

Jake

Reply to
Jake

$15 dollars... how many do you want? :-)

Reply to
<kjpro

Jake&#39;s buying our used fractional hp motors? He can have all of mine for only $7.99.

Reply to
gofish

Hey Jake, how much room do you have for motors? LOL

Reply to
<kjpro