Who has an LP license?

Well here is a new one in my state. Like many other states I have to have a "Refrigeration certification" license, a "HVAC Master and Journeyman license" and all the other local permits, occupational and insurance requirements. Now, outta the blue, the state sends out a letter that says if I do any work on a LP furnace I have to have at least a class E license to work on them!! Cost is $50 every 2 years. I've also found that the local wholesalers will have to carry a license to sell me a LP furnace? Obviously LP furnaces will now go up in cost. Once again the Govt. has figured out a way to make money for nothing. I wonder when they will start taxing us for the Air and the Sun? Bubba
BUBBA! what is your paypal account? I'm considering making a donation for one year of your LP license, as I've always been a fan of yours.
25 bucks a year, now that will be a hardship. :-) And how will those dealers make any profit if they have to pay. Guess they'll have to charge you 25 cents extra to pay for each LP furnace you buy to cover the cost of their license.
Ok, I'm expecting the bruising to come. Man that's funny.
I already am taxed on the air and the sun; you are not?

No silly. Its not the $25 bucks a year. That is so low its stupid. However remember what will happen. The price WILL go up. Look at what your Master/Journeymen license first cost and now look at its price tag. The installing company, wholesaler and everyone else will also have to have a license. Everyone will add their mark up and pretty soon LP furnaces will cost much more. Datz my point. All because the govt wanted to join in. Bubba

Bubba,
I know, I know. My fuel oil company charges me their price per gallon, then they add a delivery surcharge of 4 bucks.
Same with my propane company. 4 bucks delivery surcharge
Lets not even talk about the price of gasoline; aaargh!
Just heard the other day, that as much as the oil companies are making record profits, the taxes that are placed on our fuels are much higher than the oil companies profits. Its enough to get us sick, and it does.
Bob

My best was probably just recently. Everyone seems to be adding a fuel/delivery surcharge of anywhere from $0.50 to $5 or $10. I took one of our vans in for service Monday. The front wheels wobbling. Ford E-150 (yes, too whimpy for hvac service). 40K miles on it and it needed new upper and lower ball joints (sealed grease fittings on the old ones). About $350 in labor and $300 for the ball joints. 2 new tires $125 ish each, brake pads $80 and even a $90 employee discount (no, none of us are employees) and then the final stupid nail on the head was a $25 shop charge!! I had no problem with their work or their prices. It was just that stupid shop charge! Hell! Just add another $25 to the tires or ball joints or make the discount less.. However, I didnt say a word and I'll certainly be back for more repairs............until something better comes along. :-) Bubba

for
25
their
then
than
The problem with them including the shop charge fee to something else would make them higher than their competitor's parts.
People not in business for themselves just don't understand that. They would make their purchase from the shop with the lower cost tires. Even if they end up paying the same or more in the end.

for
25
their
then
than
Ya fuckhead you better never present at my door without at least a 12 pak.
Then I might or might not make a new gear for you fucking scooter or snowmobile or lawn tractor.
Buy a new one.

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 00:44:52 -0800, "Jeffrey Lebowski"

If I knew what you just said I might just argue with you but it appears you've had one too many 12 packs already. Keep drinking. You'll get it right. Bubba
What state?

drunkeness