White Rodgers Thermostat Installation Instructions Help

I bought a 90 Series (1F95-1271) White Rodgers thermostat. I'm having trouble understanding one of the instructions. The sentence is as follows:
"NOTE: If your system does not provide an E connection, jumper W2 to W/E to use the Auxilary Heat in the Emergency Mode."
Does this portion "E connection" refer to the E wire that might or might not exist as part of my HVAC system? or does it refer to the thermostat having an E terminal?
I will be calling the help line later this week and then hiring professional help if I can't figure this step out. No need to blow up my house just for a DIY.
P.S - I have a W, W2 and E wire coming out of the wall.

How about make/model numbers of the equipment(both inside and outside).... we cant see it through the computer screen.
The equiptment is as follows:
The outside unit is a Trane XE1000 (TWR018C100A2). The inside unit is a Carrier (40AQ018300BB).
The old thermostat was a White Rodgers (1F58-910). The new thermostat is a White Rodgers (1F95-1271).
Noon-Air wrote:

On 25 Nov 2006 13:17:32 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Oh goody. A mismatched heat pump too. One is expensive, the other is expensive and leaks. Bubba