Which Mini Split for Coastal Area

Hi,
I've gotten a couple of estimates for three mini split A/Cs. The outdoor units will be on the roof of a four story building and my apartment is on the third floor. The building is about half a mile from the sea in two directions. One vendor is offering three Carrier units (19,000, 19,000 & 36,000 BTUs) while the other is offering three Trane units (12,000, 14,000 & 36,000 BTUs). (I don't know why the vendors disagree on the BTUs required.) The Carrier equipment has a much better warranty -- 10/5 versus 5/1 -- but I'm told it does not cover corrosion. Both vendors say the units are protected against corrosion. The Carrier vendor says he will change the outdoor units from a small, suitcase-like design to a piston design. I plan to purchase a service contract.
Any thoughts on what's the better choice? Is corrosion on these units a problem that can be addressed through proper maintenance? Will changing the outdoor unit type affect the equipment's performance?
Any help appreciated. Cheers, RV.

A fool and his money are soon parted...
RV wrote:

I am a retired contractor forget high priced equipment the quality of the installation is what counts, - below is what I would do. No more than a 14-SEER unless you live in Florida or southern Texas. Save your hard earned money & get bids on the new good Goodman units! Get units' with the Scroll compressor & a TXV refrigerant metering device with a matched coil on all three.! Don't oversize & make him guarantee the installation to be right on all of them! http://www.goodmanmfg.com/consumer / - udarrell

"udarrell" < snipped-for-privacy@anonymous.com> wrote in message
news:abPFg.67$ snipped-for-privacy@newsreading01.news.tds.net...

Goodman has apparently stopped putting scroll in 13 SEER equipment and has backed off the lifetime compressor warranty in favor of a straight 5 year all parts warranty. They apparently did this in response to 13 SEER becomming the minimum. So you have to go 14 SEER to get a scroll compressor in their units.
We are also noticing that 13 & 14 SEER equipment can be downsized in some replacement applications. The higher efficiency units of same capacity as the old system seem to be a bit oversized.

I live in a coastal area and have no problems special ordering carrier or trane equipment with factory coated condenser coils. Its either heresite or thermoguard. check it out.
http://www.thermoguard.net/docs/pi-finguard-a4.pdf
http://www.heresite.com /