Where are they now?

If memory serves, someone posted that Paul Milligan had left Earth.
Anyone remember Turtle? I rather liked the man. IIRC he had a fall off a ladder, and some brain damage. Not heard from him in a while.
And the always delightful CBHVAC, Steve, was it? Such pleasant manners, not.
A few others, I'll remember after a while.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 12/1/2015 7:56 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Nope.
http://www.beyond.com/PaulMilligan-NC

I felt a bit sorry for Turtle. For a long time he was part of the alt.hvac 'in' group, then he got on Paul's bad side and was immediately labeled a 'hack' and hounded out of the group. Paul put the worst of his personality on public display there. I guess he didn't worry about the impression he was making to anyone who searched his name.

alt.hvac was a very interesting and useful newsgroup when it was focused on technical discussions. Once the focus shifted to identifying who was "allowed" to post there and relentlessly attacking everyone else, it became just another usenet personality swamp.
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
If memory serves, someone posted that Paul Milligan had left Earth.
Anyone remember Turtle? I rather liked the man. IIRC he had a fall off a ladder, and some brain damage. Not heard from him in a while.
And the always delightful CBHVAC, Steve, was it? Such pleasant manners, not.
A few others, I'll remember after a while.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
On Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 7:56:39 AM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Turtle died 8/29/2013

What a shame. Fellow really knew what he was doing. And from what he wrote, he treated people well, both customers and other trades persons.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Turtle was a wonderful man.
When I was in the learning mode about heat pumps and asking questions, Paul referred to me (and others) as a homemoaner. He would tell us only pros were allowed in this newsgroup, or something to that effect.
Turtle would email me and give the answers. I suspect he helped others in this manner while all the anger was extant.
Gary
On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 8:42:43 PM UTC-8, G Mulcaster wrote:

Turtle was always happy to help anyone that asked for it.
Jobarco
On Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 8:56:39 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I retired 5 years ago. I still live where I have for the last 26 years, m y wife and I are in excellent health, I started a rock band, I have cool g randkids, and life is good. My plan worked for me.
The down side is that the city I made my living from has been poisoned . I want to help but I don't know what to do. I was going to pick one family with children and install a filter that would make their water safe to use again. That turns out to be a very complicated and expensive thing to do a nd in the end Im not sure how long it would be effective. So. I don't know what to do to help the people of Flint.
There is technology to fix the problem but the cost is extreme. They can r epair the mains buy inserting tube into the existing pipe and expand it to form a lining. Then you have to deal with the buildings.
Last winter I did a side job for a guy in the city. Thew furnace went out then the pipes froze and flooded the basement and the furnace. The water c orroded the circuit boards solider right off the board. It was gone. I n ever seen anything like it in 30 years. Now I know why it looked the way i t did. It was the water.
Now sadly I think they should Ghost town the place. Pass an act through Co ngress to pay for a mass relocation. Relocate them to Detroit, the city of my birth. Detroit has plenty of unused infrastructure and it could use a larger tax base to finance up keep.
Rename the city of Flint Michigan to Snyder Park and use the element symbol for lead as a park seal.
Done.
Peace my Morice.
On 1/21/2016 3:58 PM, ftwhd wrote:

Are you still riding your hog?
On Thursday, January 21, 2016 at 7:04:03 PM UTC-5, PaxPerPoten wrote:

[...]

mbol for lead as a park seal.

Yes.
On Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 5:56:39 AM UTC-8, Stormin Mormon wrote:

There is a handful on hvactalk