when condenser starts it makes a strange noise

I have a five year old Carrier 38TXA (puron).

I have it checked once a year, and it just passed about a month ago.

One thing I noticed this week is that when it starts up, I hear the fan go on, and then about 5 seconds later I hear a different noise that goes for about 2 seconds. It sounds like something is engaging or starting up with the fan (some extra drain on the system or motor).

Question: Is this normal? If not, is there something I should have checked?

Reply to
ojasrege

This is not normal, in fact it is down right dangerous. You need to pack the entire family up and get the hell out of there!

Reply to
Al Moran

It sounds like that is the compressor trying to start or starting, the start however is being delayed for dsome reason. There may be some information available for that here

Fat Eddy

posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

What is checked, brain, anus? What passed? Gas, yesterdays dinner, kidney stone, mother?

Reply to
Tekkie®

Impossible to tell, unless one of us is there to hear the noise, and figure out what it is. I'd be tempted to call a HVAC company if the noise continues more than a day or two. Or if it gets worse.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

...then came that rumble, way down in the ground. And as smoke and gas belched out of that mine, everybody knew it was the end of the line...

Reply to
~^Johnny^~