What sort of external static duct pressures typically occur in Mobile/Mfd. Homes ?

Page 1 of 2  
Mobile Home furnaces are different from conventional furnaces , due to the increased ESP encountered in Mobile Home duct systems . Has anyone actually checked to see what the ESP was on a Mobile Home duct system ? Im curious to know how much higher they run than the standard 0.5" that typical furnace blower assemblys are designed for. I cannot find Fan Charts for any of the common Mobile Home Furnace Mfgrs . Thanks.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Look again. They are there. Check ACCA's manual J and D for trailer homes. Email Don Steeth in Canada. He put together HVAC-Calc software and that also covers mobile home units. The blowers on those make up any difference.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

REPLY: Have you measured the static in a Mobile/MFD home ? If so, what do they run ? Save me some time looking it up...im just curious.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

REPLY: Have you measured the static in a Mobile/MFD home ? If so, what do they run ? Save me some time looking it up...im just curious.
Save time? ....this took 30 seconds Google. http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_2001/aprqtr/24cfr3280.715.htm
-zero
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

REPLY: Thanks Zero for the site. The online search i conducted yeilded insufficient info. In paragraph 3, it says .3" ESP and higher is the design criteria ...but, Id like to know what these duct systems typically run in a double wide, 1400 sq. ft. Mobile Home having Two standard : 14x4" trunk ducts with crossover duct with 3.5 tons of Cooling . Have you taken any actual measurements yourself ? I have a feeling it is considerably more than .5" otherwise conventional Home Furnaces would be applied to Mobile Homes too. Thanks .
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

REPLY: Thanks Zero for the site. The online search i conducted yeilded insufficient info. In paragraph 3, it says .3" ESP and higher is the design criteria ...but, Id like to know what these duct systems typically run in a double wide, 1400 sq. ft. Mobile Home having Two standard : 14x4" trunk ducts with crossover duct with 3.5 tons of Cooling . Have you taken any actual measurements yourself ? I have a feeling it is considerably more than .5" otherwise conventional Home Furnaces would be applied to Mobile Homes too. Thanks .
Conventional home furnaces are *NOT* certified for mobile home use. At least thats what it says in all the installation instructions.
If you want to use a conventional system in a mobile home, your going to have clearance issues, and will have to re design and build new ductwork.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

ROFLMAO
--
Zyp



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
zero wrote:

LOL
--
Zyp



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

I'm surprised that you didn't give him a tinyurl for tubgirl or something :-)
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Now that you mention it, the season to give is almost upon us... :o)
But for 2008 I believe "2 girls, 1 cup" is the _must have_ video for the holiday season!
-zero
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yes I have. Your education is not my problem. Necessity is the Mother of invention and a number of other things. I strongly suggest that you do your own research. Anyone here that owns a Decent ductwork manual and/or software has those figures. You want those.. get off your ass and look them up. Try Barnes and Nobles in the Engineering section.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

REPLY: If you have actually measured static pressure in a Mobile Home thats a double-wide, then why cant you be helpful by offering up this info ? It has nothing to do 'with my education' ; I simply dont work on Mobile Homes but would like to know. If it is too much of an imposition asking you as a fellow HVAC person, then please dont respond to my post if you have to portray yourself with a big ego and bad attitude which is all too common in this Trade . If you have the opportunity to help someone in the Trade, you should ... instead of causing dissension . What is behind your attitude anyways ?? If its that you are overworked , bit off too much of a house mortgage, and/or have 6 mouths to feed, etc... then please dont take it out on me cause i didnt buy your house or get your wife pregnant. This Trade doesnt need any more cocky people with superiority complexes -- thats whats making the Trade look bad overall and especially to consumers. Please change . Regards.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

REPLY: If you have actually measured static pressure in a Mobile Home thats a double-wide, then why cant you be helpful by offering up this info ? It has nothing to do 'with my education' ; I simply dont work on Mobile Homes but would like to know. If it is too much of an imposition asking you as a fellow HVAC person, then please dont respond to my post if you have to portray yourself with a big ego and bad attitude which is all too common in this Trade . If you have the opportunity to help someone in the Trade, you should ... instead of causing dissension . What is behind your attitude anyways ?? If its that you are overworked , bit off too much of a house mortgage, and/or have 6 mouths to feed, etc... then please dont take it out on me cause i didnt buy your house or get your wife pregnant. This Trade doesnt need any more cocky people with superiority complexes -- thats whats making the Trade look bad overall and especially to consumers. Please change . Regards.
--------------------------
So you said that you don't do mobile homes.... no problem, then you don't need to worry about it anyway. If you *DO* work on trailers, then take the measurements yourself every time you work on one. Just remember that the "normal" ductwork in a trailer will only handle 300cfm per ton, instead of the normal 400cfm.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

REPLY: Im 'not worrying about it' ; Im simply curious . Youre not another arrogant tradesman with a problem like Don, are you ??? Thank you for sharing the nominal 300 cfm per ton criteria . Its a shame you had to include a bunch of guff with it though. Its really a shame a NG like this cant be more civil and a source of help , instead of one thats filled with animosity, pride, arrogance, and the typical "F this / F that" attitude of most . Id like to see such a NG close down .
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

A true American... shut down the Second amendment because you walk in uninvited and don't like what you hear. I wonder if we walked into your home and arrogantly demanded that you do our work for for us.. Would you be accommodating or just the crude cretin that you appear to be.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Noon-Air wrote:

:)
--
Zyp



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I made my Children and Grandchilren do their own Homework. They all graduated with high grades etc from military and other colleges.. The time you have wasted here would have put you way down the road of knowledge if you did your own work.
It has nothing to do 'with my education' ; I simply dont work

I don't work on Glass blowing and other glass art forms, but have learned those trades by seeking real education form the sources that teach those things.
If it is too much of an

You are quite welcome not to read my replies and you are posting from a Ho,me repair NG. Something no respectful HVAC person would do.. So You are quite welcome to kills my ass. By the way HVAC is only one of my business interests.
If you have the

I give Charity to those that deserve it. If you were in the trade ..You would not be asking ignorant questions about something you would have to know to even pass the tests for a License. Fools can take excellent information and kill themselves or families messing with things in our business. Then whine ..That a professional led them to disaster. Now go away aMD PESTER OTHERS ..Say like in "alt.kooks"
If its

Actually Sonny, I don't have any of those problems.. You are the problem.. I gave you some good advice.. Buy a book or take a class. Now get the Hell out of our NG.
-- thats whats

This is not a consumers group.. Nor is it to cater to people like you. When you buy a stock Share in this NG from Paul, it might behoove some of our more Junior members to guide you. Stormy is usually available. The last several folks he helped have never been heard from again though.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

REPLY: Im not a Consumer. Ive been in this Trade since 1976 . This HVACR trade is very vast and no one knows everything about it...not even you so please dispense with the Ego-trip ; Case in point : Have you ever installed a Robertshaw Pneumatic Enthalpy Selector on an 80,000 cfm Fan System ? Have you ever tore down and rebuilt a Carrier 19DA Centrifugal Chiller ? Have you ever worked on a Steam Jet Refrigeration System from the 1940's ? Do you even know the 3 types of pressures for a common TXV without looking it up ? You shouldnt be in any Trade with your pride and arrogance ; you obviously have some personal issues you need healing on. Im not ashamed to say i dont know what duct static pressures typically run in a Mobile Home , but you should be ashamed for promoting dissension .
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

You're just a HVAC HACK (previously known as HVACFella @webtv) who's has his dumbassed kicked to the curb by the real techs in here for years now. If anyone should be ashamed of anything it's you, for wasting your useless life away worshiping an imaginary sky fairy
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Did a lot of other people have to tell you that information as you are too damned lazy to do it yourself?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.