What size AC do i need?

Whats up folks.. Just wondering a rough idea what size of an AC i would need.. Right now i have a 3ton installed.. Though its not working. My place is a single wide mobile home.. bout 924 square feet. Would it be good to stay with a 3 ton?or could i get away with something like a 2?

I know there is a lot of things to consider but a rough idea would be good.. thanks in advance.

Reply to
coocoobird

There is NO rough idea from here concerning the heat-gain calc of your mobile home! Read all you can & get someone that knows how to do an accurate manual J. Good Luck, - udarrell

Reply to
udarrell

For Motor Homes it is pretty easy. As long it is a singlewide you have to walk 75 feet exactly(make sure you measure it out) Take a 6 or 12 inch clear plastic ruler and hold it at arms length from your body. Whatever # of inches it says that is what you need. This used to work with houses till they stopped bulidin' them all the same!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Pietrangelo

LoL there are some f***in pricks on here i swear.. isnt that what groups are for?? to HELP people? Informative.. thanks though

Reply to
coocoobird

My reply was as useful as the information presented. I will gladly do a MAnual J heat load Calc for you if you can't do one. Without one you my as well use the last method I gave you. I need wall construction, insulation values of floor, walls, and ceiling, the color of your siding and roof, which direction does it face please be exact, a room by rrom diagram with proper dimensions, are there any trees on your property, where are they located, are your windows double or single pane, argon or low e, where are they in your structure, your bin data city, is this unit an indoor unit or a package unit, how many people live in that little trailer.

Don't call me a prick till you get to know me, then you have to call me a prick to my face like everyone else.

Now who was the prick who orinally posted this request. The guy who wanted $500 worth of information for free, you are welcome to go buy the program for a few thousand dollars, if you look really hard you may even find a free one somewhere on this group, but you gotta try real hard. Although, I don't think that one will do trailers.

Good Luck Asshole

Reply to
Bob Pietrangelo

Actually, mine *will* do trailers, but he's not gonna want to pay me to do it either.

Reply to
Noon-Air

and here I though the newsgroups are for seeing naked ladies :o)

Reply to
daytona

Roughly......you can do a 50% reduction in unit size and only lose 10% of the cooling capacity. In your case you can install a 1.5 ton unit. It will roughly run 25% more than the 3 ton but at a lower wattage consumption. The longer run will make it remove more moisture and feel more comfortable at a higher temperature. Go with the 18,000 btu unit. You will be glad you did. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Must be the "new math".

Reply to
Travis Jordan

not near enough information to even hazard a guess. Where is the trailer located?? How old is it?? Is it shaded or in full sun?? What does the sticker in the furnace closet say??

Reply to
Noon-Air

The sticker says "Sales and Service by Hacme Heating and Air, located in a van down by the river. Call 555-666-6666 anytime, day or night.

"If we can't fix it, We'll spank your Grandma"

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Not that one..... the one that tells what CFM the ductwork is rated for.... thats right next to the one that has "Painless Dentistry and Proctology"

Reply to
Noon-Air

lol:-))

Reply to
geojr

Reply to
no one that you know

You should ask Katrina. Her answers will literally blow you away.

If you need a second opinion, ask Rita.

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

That's waht i use mine for. You know the drill.

!DEWRRKS

This is a fine group, and people here are helpful, believe it or not. But name-calling won't get you very far, I'm afraid.

I'm a smartass. I'd help you if I could, but I can't. Shit like this cannot be done too well over the internet. But I think you realize that by now (if you didn't before).

BTW: insulaion generally sucks in older mobile homes, with 1/4 inch paneling for walls, and studs on 48 inch centers, so 3 tons might not even be enough. Especially with single-wall construction...

You need someone to physically come out there and see what you've got. No newsgroup can provide a cyber-magic wand to calc it out for you.

NOW who's the stupid jerk?

Do you have a full-length mirror in your mobile home? :-)

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

Or for downloading warez, so you can do your own ManJ.

;->

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

ROTFLMFAO!

You forgot the $400 digital thermostat, Bubba. That's what REALLY counts, ya' know.

You're slipping, dude!

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

I prefer the square root of ten over pi. But exactly how do you divide irrational numbers?

AS AN APPROXIMATION:

316/314 is almost 1, so you need ABOUT one ton. But 1.0065842420897407007245506028549 tons will give you twice the SEER, so break out that oversized, used, run cap. You'll do fine.
Reply to
~^Johnny^~

"Buy war bonds"

Reply to