What is heat pump cycle rate?

I can set my thermostat for different cycle rates.
Fast Medium Slow
FA ME SL
0.9F 1.2F 1.7F
What does this actually mean and any recommendations?
--

Thanks.

Installing a new stat?
Yea...just finalizing the intial setup.
--

Thanks.

<kjpro @ usenet.com> wrote in message
Saucer Man wrote:

cycle rate refers to (heat or cool) to the delivery rate, think about it as a sensitivity to the change in temperature (high or low sensitivity) or as some tstats express it as a simple integer value within 1 hour, ie. the maximum numbers of cycles allowed within a 60 min timeperiod.
in your case the Fast setting would cause system to come one with a 0.9 setpoint change as opposed to more slowly respond to a Slow change of 1.7 degrees. Clearly, the Fast setting will run more cycles in one hour and will not allow large variations to occur within limits of your tstat temperature setpoint
hope that helps
Yes. Thanks. The tstat defaults to 1.2 so I think I will leave it at that.
--

Thanks.