What Causes Compressor Leads to Burn Off of Terminals?

I've used term-loks for other motor applications as well... a decent design and a real brass alloy lug... nice....

$51 bucks installed ain't bad, Steve.

Jake

Reply to
Jake

replying to Ken Hall, Big pemp in wrote: Yes I know when someone said t-stat was causing that issue .... I usually well change the contactor and the cap just saying

Reply to
Big pemp in

replying to Ken Hall, Big pemp in wrote: Yes I know when someone said t-stat was causing that issue .... I usually well change the contactor and the cap just saying

Reply to
Tony944

replying to Ken Hall, 12yr Ompressor tech wrote: Sounds like a poor crimp use the right tool for your crimp also check the tightness of the internal leads of the motor to the post your leads comnect to they may be loose there is no boost cap special to compressors just start that dorps off usually by cyntrifical switch once certain RPM is reached if piston machine check for proper unloading whaen it stops do you hear a puff of air if so its likely ok if not may ne starting under a load some have unloader on pressure switch usesnshrader valve others centrifugal still uses shrader valve located center crank on case and have line teed off to head or in tank check pressure switch version goes to in tank check adjust till when off no pressure is there and shrader valve deptesses and when running no air escapes valve

Reply to
12yr Ompressor tech

[...]

Too much heat caused by:

Richard