What are commercial hvac systems like?

I do not have much of a clue as to how hvac systems work. I have a question.
Are commercial hvac systems in large office buildings, shopping centres, etc similar to home hvac systems? In particular, do they bring in fresh outside air inside? Or do they simply recirculate inside air?
1. No 2. at times 3. also at times

Most have the ability to take in outside air. You can stand inside the air intakes for our building they are so big.

Both