Well Jabs, Did He Save Money??

Strip club owner calls me up, requesting a proposal to replace a second ac unit at his facility.
I replaced the first one 7 yrs ago for $3800, and offered him a discount of $600 if he did both waaay back when. He decided to save his money.
Thanks to China, DOE and 13 seer, his new proposal for replacement is pushing $5800.
The second ac unit is costing him $2800 on and above what he could have purchased it for 7 yrs ago.
The question is: Did he save any money?
Even with the energy savings, sounds like it's costing more. However, he kept the money in his wallet for a couple more years. It's very possible he just simply didn't have the money back then.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

To heck with THAT question, do you get to watch for free?
Kinda hard to say if he actually saved money or not. If he had put the new unit in back then, it would be 7 y/o now, approaching half of it's life expectancy. The $2800 figures out to $400/yr, so a lot depends on the old unit-- if it was rocking along for those 7 years with only routine service and possibly a few very minor repairs, he probably is ahead. If he kept pouring money into the old one until it finally was beyond repair, then he didn't. I would also be willing to bet that the club's cover charge, if they have one, as well as the price of drinks and umm whatever else they sell there, has gone up some in those 7 years also. Larry