water dripping

Page 1 of 2
noticed a light dripping in my basement directly under the pvc venting that goes through the subfloor, in between the first floor wall and into the attic. please advise
On 20 Feb 2007 06:26:40 -0800, dominic snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

It sounds as if you have a light drip in your basement directly under the pvc venting that goes through your subfloor inbetween the first floor wall and into the attic. Id get it fixed. Bubba
Better get a mop
Repair leak.
Please remit $48.50 internet consultation charge.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

You have a leak, silly!
Dom Is the light really dripping?
If so what is the light dripping?
Try tightening the light to stop the dripping!

good luck
Vic

Vic, haven't heard from you in some time! Hope all has been well.
Heard Hershey's is sending 1500 of their jobs to Mexico, not good for your area for sure. Will it effect you or anyone close?
I guess the advertisement they sung on TV for yours, "Hershey, the great AMERICAN chocolate bar' is a thing of the past, or it will be a lie..
Rich

Rich:
From my limited memory of the Hershey layoff is 500 workers (nasty strike last year). Can neither confirm nor deny moving anything or anybody to Mexico. What I recall from the news on local right wing conservative talk radio (WHP-580) is workers replaced by machinery but I could be wrong.
And it doesn't affect me or mine in any way Hershey is about 45 minutes away.
Was a beauty day today in PA 48 or so and the snow and ice are melting. Lancaster City has the attitude God put the snow there he can make it go away.
Vic

dominic snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

STD ?
put a light absorbing sponge under the leak to absorb the light that drips. Black would be a good color to absorb light.
when it is full, you can squeeze the light out into a jar and put it outside for some outdoor lighting. At least that way you won't be wasting the light that leaks.
If the leak is coming down in a good stream ( I remember when I had a good stream), you can put the jar under the stream without the sponge. If the leak is big, you may be able to sell your jars of light in the hardware store.

well, it has been real cold here, so my pipe has definitely shrunk.some. never the wrong size; just use a little more lube to fit in the little ladies. (blush)
modesty IS one of my better qualities

Is it at a fitting? Is there a buildup of condensation in the pipe? Or is it condensation dripping off the outside of the pipe?
If water is leaking at a fitting cut out the fitting and use abs/pvc solvent to glue a new fitting back into the system.
You probably have a drainage or venting issue though. Call bubba to come blow the pipes clear ;)
-Canadian Heat
DANgER (danger< snipped-for-privacy@heat.com) wrote

Brilliant deduction, Sherlock!
--
Respectfully, Bob

sorry, have to clarify for bobby...he's mildly retartded.
I suspect a venting or drainage issue. SOMETIMES it's simply a fitting that didn't get enough glue. In which case you won't have to worry about a drianage or venting problem.
ahhhh bobby, stick to your fan belts...maybe you can get that lennox to run on the heating speed. HAHAHA
-Canadian Heat
On 21 Feb 2007 16:49:11 GMT, DANgER (danger< snipped-for-privacy@heat.com) wrote:

No Canuck. Its not from too little glue. Its from someone not preparing the pipe properly like you being too cheap or too lazy to use a pvc cleaner BEFORE you glop on the glue. Will you ever get anything right? I think you've been in a room full of solvent fumes for too too long. Bubba
DANgER (danger< snipped-for-privacy@heat.com) wrote

Ya..should I try your trick??? You know the one...put the t/stat to fan on...if that doesn't work, jumper R and G...
--
Respectfully, Bob

Bobby you were the one that couldn't understand how the G26 fan relays work. Closing R and G or turning the stat fan to ON both energize the cooling speed. Either way would have resolved bubba's limit issue cause by the faulty heating fan relay. How many times do I have to explain this to you? I thought your argument before was to wire the fan in with line voltage. Now are you saying I don't understand how a thermostat works or how to jumoper R and G? LOL Bobby are you the only one who doesn't see me fucking your mouth? BAHAHAHAHA
BTW get that board yet bubba?
-Canadian Heat
DANgER (danger< snipped-for-privacy@heat.com) wrote

You don't understand why jumpering R and G won't help when the cooling relay is burnt out. You don't understand why jumpering the door switch is dangerous... You jumper switches when you can't figure out what's wrong. Your nickname is "Danger"...we all know why...
--
Respectfully, Bob

"You don't understand why jumpering R and G won't help when the cooling relay is burnt out."
The heating relay was burnt out you dumbass. LOL That's why the limit opened, then kicked on the cooling relay. SIGH!
5th time, understand now bobby?
-Canadian Heat