Water circ pump or aquastat or zone valves?

Hello, all,
We have a propane-fired hot-water baseboard heating system (with 2 zones) that we don't use all that much because of its inefficiency. (We heat mostly with wood and kerosene.) We've only used it once or twice this season.
Today, because it was so cold and windy, I lit the furnace to make sure the pipes don't freeze under the house. Everything seemed to work fine -- except that the water circulation pump for the system never shuts off.
The air temperature at the two thermostats (upstairs and downstairs) was above where they should have been "calling" for heat. The furnace was up to operating temp and pressure, with temp of 200°F and pressure of about 22 psi, according to the gauge.
The propane burner cycles on and off, but the water circulation pump never quits.
The water return lines for both zones are hot, so it appears that both zone valves are open.
Can anyone clue me in on why the circulation pump just runs and runs and runs?
Might it be the aquastat? Could bad/sticking zone valves cause this? (I replaced one zone valve a few years ago, but it seems odd that both zone valves would go bad at the same time.)
Where would you experts begin to diagnose this?
Thanks very much in advance for any advice.
Jones.
Add pictures here
✖
UPDATE: I just tried closing the four gate valves for the zone 1 outgoing and return and the zone 2 outgoing and return. After I did that, the propane burner cycled back on until it was about 220°F and 25 psi, and then the burner shut off. Yet, even with all those gate valves closed, the water circulation pump continued to run. This suggests to me that the zone valves are OK and that the problem is with the aquastat. What do you folks think? Thanks again, Jones.

Add pictures here
✖
UPDATE #2: PROBLEM SOLVED!
I just figured out, by dumb luck, that the wires between the thermostats and the aquastat were being shorted out by the staples I put in with a staple gun several weeks ago to keep the wires "out of the way" in the utility room.
Whew! I'm glad I had the sense to "check what I fixed that wasn't broken"! That might have been a nightmare to figure out!
Lessons (almost) learned:
1. If it ain't fixed, BREAK IT!
2. Always suspect the last thing you "fixed" or otherwise messed with as your culprit.
Thanks for your reply, Steve.
Jones.

Add pictures here
✖
The systems I've worked on, the aquastat only turns the burner on and off, in response to the water temp.
If the circulator is running, it's cause one of the zones is calling for heat. I used to know how to wire those, but I've long since forgotten.
I'm also wondering, there ought to be a relay on the water pump. To use a 24 VAC signal to turn on the 110 VAC.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

yourhousenet...
On my Honeywell aquastat, the cir. pump relay is part of the aquastat (run on-demand-only style).
Dave
Add pictures here
✖
Aquastats may or may not have an internal circ relay.
On 26 Jan 2007 09:13:17 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

message
--
All you have to do is say something
nobody understands and they\'ll do

That water pressure shouldn't be creeping up like that.
Just remember that advice the caretaker gave to Mt. Torrance at the Overlook Hotel.... "Watch her....She creeps".
Add pictures here
✖
yourhousenet...

Plus 220 is a tad warm wouldnt you say..
Add pictures here
✖
Is there 24V to the zone valves?