Wall AC Problem - Please help asap..

Hi,

I have a 3 years old friedrich wall AC. it is a 10k BTU, and the bed room is about 160 sqft. the AC was only used for may be 1-2 months thru out the summers, and we NEVER turn them on 24/7, we usulaly just turn it on for a few hours, and then shut if off, so its not alot of hours on it....

When the outside temp is less than 90 deg, the ac works fine. But when the outside temp is about 95-100F (like now in NYC), the ac seems to blow out "Fan" air for a while, then cold air for a while..etc... It doesnt blow out cold air as it should... Normally, when you turn on your car's AC, you hear that "Shaking" sound for 1 second -- when this room ac switch to FAN - i can hear the "shaking" sound as well.... I live on a top floor, where there is a flat roof on top of me. Could that be the reason why? Or could it be b/c there is not enough electricity in the neighborhood?

I cleaned the filter, but it acts the same...

please help.

thanks, T

Reply to
tak

Nope, never the cause.

Or could it be b/c there is not enough

Which hood do you live in?

Move to the country.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Can someone help me by giving me some advice?

The previous reply-er didnt offer any knowledgable advice..

thanks, T

Reply to
tak

Here is some knowledgable advice.....

Noon-Air

Sigh - waste of time. another unknowledgable advice...

Anyone out there, that can provide some insights as to why is the problem occuring? Perhaps if it could be the venting problem at the back?

Thanks, T

Reply to
tak

Heres some more advice... the cost of a service call and the *basic* window shaker service is almost the cost of the new unit. As far as what your particular unit is doing, nobody can tell through a computer screen.... we can't see it, we can't hear in, we can't feel it, we can't smell if anything is burnt.... and my crystal ball got broken last night. Window units are *DISPOSABLE*...you know.... throw it away when its broke and buy a new one because its not worth my time or your money to screw with it.

now go away.

Reply to
Noon-Air

If you learn how to read (and i do suggest you should, b/c not too many illiterates are out there nowadays) - this is a NOT a windows unit (duh, genius). And the link you provided was a windows unit. This is indeed, a wall unit. The cost of a service call runs about 100 -200 dollars. And a new wall unit runs about 500-700 dollars. You do the math - genius.

And i am not asking anyone to fix it for me. i am asking for advice, if there are things to be checked first, before I called a service guy to come in. It could be air vent, air flow, may be a bad belt..etc.. And i am wondering if anyone have similar situations as well, and perhaps someone did have similar situations, and actually got it fixed - so i can know what i am expecting.

Now, if you dont know the answers of my questions - please do not waste both of our time by responding. And if you cannot read other people's post, before answering, please dont bother as well. And obviously, i know that you cannot see, read, smell what is happening with my AC - you dont seem to have common sense, or the knowledge to it. With the exception of, just responding other people's post by saying useless / meaningless post.

I feel bad for you - wasting time on internet groups just by doing stupid stuff..

sigh..

Reply to
tak

OK... stupid stuff..... what kind of wall unit?? PTAC?? mini-split?? window shaker stuffed through a wall?? As I said, I can't *SEE* it through the computer screen. Now are you going to give us some usefull information so we might have some idea of just what it is you are trying to tell us??? (HINT: make/model/serial numbers)

What your asking us to diagnose over the internet is the equivelant of sending an e-mail to a random car mechanic and telling him that your car is making a funny noise and asking whats wrong with it and how much is it going to be to fix it. Mind you, you never told him what year/make/model, or how many miles are on it, or where you are located.

Now..... if you want to get your panties in a wad because your an idiot, then you can reside in my killfile.... otherwise, you can give us some actual information, instead of just whining about your unit making a funny noise.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Check the air flow.

Might be a bad belt.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Funny. I think you are making excuses for your ignorant act. If you "LOOK" at the post. You will see, I said i am in NYC, and the make is Friedrich. Now, mr. genius, let me ask you. DOES IT MATTER WHAT MODEL/SERIAL NUMBER FOR SOMETHING THAT IS NOT MODEL/SERIAL NUMBER RELATED?!?!?!?!? Please use your brain...

The issue I am having, is NOT asking for a particular part. And how can you compare fixing an AC to fixing a car? Please, use your brain again. a Car has many component, it has AC in there as well. You are comparing a forest to a Tree. Where a tree is INSIDE of a forest. Does it make sense?? Geez.

And if you ask some one, with some basic knowledge with electronics, that you play a tape on your VCR, the screen is fuzzy. They will probably tell you, get a VCR head cleaner, and try cleaning it up. Will that person ask you, Umm, what is the make, and what is the model, and what is the serial number? Or better yet - what is the manufacturer date, or where did you buy it? or what is the EXACT date/time when you bought it?

Come on - make some sense. YOu are just making up some excuses to cover your ass. I am not asking you what part do I need. I am just asking a general question, how AC installation and operation. They are all the same.

And it is really funny, that you are asking me what type of Wall AC. It is true that i did not mention that it is a THRU-THE-WALL type. So, it is fine that you cannot relate "WALL AC" to either a SPLIT level, Thru-the-wall..etc... But it is REALLY REALLY funny that, your logic / common sense has directed you to related my "WALL AC" to a "WINDOWS AC" as provided in your walmart link. Umm, " Wall and Windows", where is the link?!?!?? Yea - you can question me all you want - and you can act like you are the smart one all you want - b/c after all, you are the one who is making stupid linkage between a WALL AC, and a WINDOWS AC. and you are the one who insist of wanting the SERIAL NUMBER, and MODEL, when the question is only BASIC OPERATION related...

Sigh... Go shop at your walmart, and go buy some wall paper for your windows. OH, remember, to ask them the serial number, and the model of the wall paper, before you install it on your windows... HAHA, what an idiot.

Reply to
tak

Thank you.

Reply to
tak

Anyone who knows anything about wallpapering knows that you have to check the lot numbers on each roll to ensure that you get the same dye lot for acceptable color-matching.

Guess you are the idiot here.

Go the hell away now.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Umm...hey dumbfuck, he gave you the correct advice. I also realized that you are incapable of understanding simple things...he never said it was a window unit...you fail to grasp the most simple concept.

You asked for free advice..you got what you paid for. Again, incapable of understanding the obvious as well.

I know whats wrong. So do most of the others on here. However, I think its gonna be more fun watching you think you are the one in control, when you lost it on the first post.

Now, the real question is...whats it worth to you to get the correct answer with a 150% money back guarantee? LOL

Kinda like all you just wrote above.

Reply to
aka-SBM

You cant really be this f****ng stupid.

I mean...

nevermind.....you are..I had to read your reply twice to fully understand there are some that you can hit with a stupid stick and it shakes off after a while....yours took.

Reply to
aka-SBM