WAIT humidifer motor clutch mystery

Hello List,
I really need some advice here:
I have a Wait drum humidifier which stopped working; the drum stopped turni ng. Instead of calling someone , I decided to try to fix it myself: I bought a new motor clutch assembly at Home Depot, cut the wires to the old motor, and connected the new one. It started to turn. So, I then screwed it into t he housing, but it never worked after that. If I turn the thermostat up and I hear the click, then once or twice I could feel something inside the mot or, but the clutch has not turned since the first time.
It is possible that the second motor was faulty. Or maybe there is not enou ght current getting to the motor. What should I try next? Is there a way of testing the electrical side of things?
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Aaron Boxer wrote:

Hi. Clutch? Is it slipping then? Is it plenum mounted humidifier or potable one?
On Wednesday, January 29, 2014 11:45:51 PM UTC-5, Tony Hwang wrote:

urning.

or, and connected the new one. It started to turn. So, I then screwed it in to the housing, but it never worked after that. If I turn the thermostat up and I hear the click, then once or twice I could feel something inside the motor, but the clutch has not turned since the first time.

enought current getting to the motor. What should I try next? Is there a way of testing

ne?
Thanks, Tony. It is plenum mounted. The motor simply does not turn at all.
Aaron Boxer wrote:

Hi, Then it must have a transformer for the motor power(24V AC), do you have power at the motor leads? You must have a some sort of multi meter to check it.
On Friday, January 31, 2014 8:25:12 PM UTC-5, Tony Hwang wrote:

turning.

ght

otor, and connected the new one. It started to turn. So, I then screwed it into the housing, but it never worked after that. If I turn the thermostat up and I hear the click, then once or twice I could feel something inside t he motor, but the clutch has not turned since the first time.

t enought current getting to the motor. What should I try next? Is there a way of testing

e one?

all.

Thanks. Yes, there is a transformer, that runs through the switch to the mo tor. What kind of voltage should I be expecting?
I checked the voltage with a meter: about 24 AC coming from the wires, so i t looks like there is power.
I tried another motor from Home Depot, and it doesn't work either.
Is there any reason why 24 VAC would NOT power a motor: I am just twisting the wire ends together for my test.
These motors have a 2009 date stamped on them, and it look like they may ha ve seen some use already.
Thanks, Aaron
On Monday, February 3, 2014 3:49:25 PM UTC-5, Aaron Boxer wrote:

ed turning.

ought

motor, and connected the new one. It started to turn. So, I then screwed i t into the housing, but it never worked after that. If I turn the thermosta t up and I hear the click, then once or twice I could feel something inside the motor, but the clutch has not turned since the first time.

not enought current getting to the motor. What should I try next? Is ther e a way of testing

ble one?

t all.

On 2/3/2014 3:49 PM, Aaron Boxer wrote:

the switch to the motor. What kind of voltage should I be expecting?

Tony's a nice fellow. I'd suggest to ask Tony if he wrote the voltage some where in his post. Or look on the motor, or box that you bought. Or, you could read what Tony wrote. Really slowly.