voltage drop

That will do it And a larger VA transformer

Reply to
daytona°

Seems I used to have a calculator but that disc finally crashed.

Umm

Wshp and I'm wanting to remote start a 24vac well pump contactor that sits about 400 ft away from the unit--dont wanna skimp on wire but its like...I got a mile long spool of 16-2 uf sitting in stores surplus.

Besides, Im lazy...

Thx,

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

Daytona, thx.

Esp since that spool of 16-2 is basically f****ng useless today except in some certain fairly well-defined situations.

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

That's plenty big enough. If you're worried about voltage loss use a 115v relay. Low voltage doesn't travel well, thats why the big transmission lines are high voltage.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

Sam,

Depending on the relay at the far end, I've seen these 'pick up' for strange reasons on long runs.

I would also also use 120 V and change the relay coil... or the relay.

.. or. you can try 24 vdc... much more durable at long distances. Go to crack-Shack and buy a full-wave bridge rectifier for $3 bucks (-;....

Jake

Reply to
Jake