Very Fast response fuse required...

------------------------------------- I was doing a Certification test for my product which has three 20A fuses (Littlefuse make, 324020P) connected in parallel at the input lines (phase and neutral). i was doing short circuit test which always trips the main Circuit breaker rather blowing the fuse.. The CB(BQ3B050, Siemens) is rated for 50A..i tried providing 15A in parallel for the product still CB trips.. Short circuit current seems to be of approx 900A and the CB trips within

3-5mS. when looked at the datsheet of CB and Fuse..CB seems to have better response time than the fuse..Is there any type of fuse available which is very fast acting..and can be available at 20A and 240VAC ratings..and will not blow if tests like surge test( high current for very short duration) is done..

Thanks in advance

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.hvac - 28082 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
bbkv_tom

Oh really?

If you know that little about circuit breakers (or do you mean CB Radios?) I would not pass your "Certification Test".

....Oh, EVERYONE reading this knows you're trying to fix a problem you're having. And the whole "test" story is lame and weak.

Why don't you guys just stick to stuccoing stuff?

Good luck, though.

-zero

Reply to
zero

bbkv_tom had written this in response to

:

testing person..i dint do the design or good in designing..i was asked to do some testing for which some procedures were given.. i thot of understanding a little bit of what was actually going wrong...the few details which i gave was my findings in the last few days..yet not able to find a solution..sorry if i posted this in the wrong place.. thanks for your response anyway..

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.hvac - 28084 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
bbkv_tom