Vaulted & Cathedral ceilings HVAC load?

How significant is the cost to heat/cool the extra volume created by vaulted & cathedral ceilings? Of course it would vary by size, but is the extra volume a big cost once it's brought to temperature the first time?

Define significant. Bubba
Depends on how you're heating the building. It's less of a factor with in floor radiant than FHA. How much less is an engineer's question.

--
Cat fur expands to fill all available
drives.

Don't know the ratios, but more volume=more energy consumed Does it cost more to heat Carnegie Hall or a 3 bed house?

What's your definition of "big difference"?

Well ... if it takes so much energy to heat 10 ft cu, then it will take twice as much to heat 20 ft cu. For ease of calculation, assume standard construction/insulation and a cathedral with a 45 degree slope ... and assume the wall height in the area below is the same height as the peak is above the wall. That would make the ft cu in the cathedral part 50% the volume of the room below it. So that would be ... let's see now ... 50% more energy to heat or cool the room with the cathedral ceiling ... period , ... er .
But I do like my cathedral ceilings, and I do have fans installed up there to circulate the hot air in the winter.
did you really expect an answer from the idiots here? They'd rather huff and puff

You should have known better than to post here. It's a rare occurrence when someone posts a question and gets an intelligent answer.

and you Matt should learn how to repost something so someone that really doesnt give a fuck what you think knows what you're saying. Bubba

Are you expect from me to simulate condition and then gave you answer Sorry bud you will have to learn that for you self Dido

Me learn from you... you need to learn HOW to do a load calc first.
WOW WOW WOW
You guys are dumb. Learn how to do a heat load calculation.
-Canadian Heat
On 04 Feb 2007 17:38:38 GMT, DANgER ( snipped-for-privacy@heat.com) wrote:

Wow!Learn how to post DANgER dick Bubba
Imagine the house was filled with water that had to be heated. Would it take more energy to heat 12,000 cu ft or 18,000 cu ft.

Who the fuck are you? Sponge Bob? you leave in a pineapple under the sea?
Everybody's house here in the US is filled with air (except some in LA an MS).

How many fish would it comfortably hold and what IS the btu gain/loss of a fish while active or at rest?
However, I would imagine your question to be, an entirely DIFFERENT question which is completely unrelated to this thread.
-zero