Vaulted & Cathedral ceilings HVAC load?

How significant is the cost to heat/cool the extra volume created by vaulted & cathedral ceilings? Of course it would vary by size, but is the extra volume a big cost once it's brought to temperature the first time?

Reply to
carl

Define significant. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Reply to
Steve Scott

Don't know the ratios, but more volume=more energy consumed Does it cost more to heat Carnegie Hall or a 3 bed house?

Reply to
LarryDBEAS

Well ... if it takes so much energy to heat 10 ft cu, then it will take twice as much to heat 20 ft cu. For ease of calculation, assume standard construction/insulation and a cathedral with a 45 degree slope ... and assume the wall height in the area below is the same height as the peak is above the wall. That would make the ft cu in the cathedral part 50% the volume of the room below it. So that would be ... let's see now ... 50% more energy to heat or cool the room with the cathedral ceiling ... period , ... er .

But I do like my cathedral ceilings, and I do have fans installed up there to circulate the hot air in the winter.

Reply to
bowgus

What's your definition of "big difference"?

Reply to
<kjpro

did you really expect an answer from the idiots here? They&#39;d rather huff and puff

Reply to
Corey

You should have known better than to post here. It&#39;s a rare occurrence when someone posts a question and gets an intelligent answer.

Reply to
Matt Brindle

Are you expect from me to simulate condition and then gave you answer Sorry bud you will have to learn that for you self Dido

Reply to
AKS

and you Matt should learn how to repost something so someone that really doesnt give a f*ck what you think knows what you&#39;re saying. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Me learn from you... you need to learn HOW to do a load calc first.

Reply to
<kjpro

Imagine the house was filled with water that had to be heated. Would it take more energy to heat 12,000 cu ft or 18,000 cu ft.

Reply to
SamIam

Who the f*ck are you? Sponge Bob? you leave in a pineapple under the sea?

Reply to
DIMwit

How many fish would it comfortably hold and what IS the btu gain/loss of a fish while active or at rest?

However, I would imagine your question to be, an entirely DIFFERENT question which is completely unrelated to this thread.

-zero

Reply to
-zero

WOW WOW WOW

You guys are dumb. Learn how to do a heat load calculation.

-Canadian Heat

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

Reply to
Anonymous

Wow!Learn how to post DANgER dick Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Are you talking hot water or cold water?

Hard or soft?

Reply to
Oscar_Lives