Updated replacement Compressor Model Number for a 21 year old dead compressor(s)

Guys Please do not flame
Rheem mod id tag weather damage serial id tag weather damage 2 1\\2 ton rooftop heat pump charging chart was found inside unit
The compressor tags on the other 4 units has rusted off. model CRM1 - 0400 -TF5 BM 270HE Serial # 5T 86C 03321 1H 208 230v 3 phase
I am assuming that the 270 means 2 1/4 and HE for high efficiency. the 86c means it was manufactured march 1986. I errored in not taking a photo of the piping of the compressor. I suggest replacement and they says to fix it.
Oscar
It has been at least 10 years since I posted on the hvac forum

Hey Oscar! Good to see you.
This matches the above. CR53KQ-TF5
Bill
--
http://michellemalkin.com /

Please insure that you have the correct numbers off of the compressor. Inside the electrical compartment, there should be some indication of model number(unless its been removed for somebody's job security). I cannot find the compressor numbers you posted anywhere in my Rheem archives....they go back to 1972, nor could I cross it over. Got more info??
Oscar wrote:

Oscar:
Copelaweld compressor model designation is as follows for that year -
CRM1 [C] = Compressor Family Series [R] = High Temperature [M]= Displacement within any one family series [1] = Model Series Variation
-0400 = Nominal Horsepower Rating = 4
TF5 [T] = Three Phase [F] = Internal Inherent Protection - [5] = Is likely a "C" not a "5" and is 208/230v - 3 - 60
There are also three more designations after this number as in XXX which is "Product Variation" listed [in this case the B/M 270HE] and shows Number's #201 and higher will be assigend for all other variations of a given model.
THIS IS NOT 2.5 Tons in air conditioning or heat pump application [high temperature.] This compressor is 4 horsepower and likely 4- Ton. Hence the suggested replacement by Bill to use "C" family, 53,000 btu/h capacity copleweld replacement. [Good choice on Bill's part.]
Zyp
--
Zyp

That'd be no fun!

10 years my ass... you haven't been gone that long. I should know, cause I haven't missed ya yet. :-)

model CRM1 - 0400 -TF5 Copeland Comp. 4HP., 208/230/3/60 R-22 rated for high or medium temp.

Thank you for helping me with my silly problem. I have had my nickname of Oscar for 36 years since I was a air craft mechanic in the Navy working on the flight deck in a navy squadron that has a air conditioning unit in the aircraft used for computer cooling. This unit has a small screw compressor running on R 12 then and R 134a now
Thanks Guys
Oscar