Unico systems - anyone work with these?

Sat. 7/7/7 service call western ma.

M: mb2436L S:# 0005a4936

These systems run at a lot lower cfm/ton then a normal AHU, dont they. Here's my situation. Another tech was at the customers house yesterday and found evap. iced up heavily and removed a totally glogged filter. I had to return today to verify operation after a night of letting the evap thaw. He told me to look for a leak which he insisted they was. These were my readings.... R-22 TXV OAT 69'F Head psi 175 (92'F condensing) lig. line tmp 87'F SAT 42'F RAT 66'F Suct. psi 59 (33'F ) suct. line tmp 63'F ..suct. line tmp out of evap 54'F.

Think this is low on charge??? I don't think it is but just looking for other inputs. My condenser-split (ambient to condensing tmp) isn't bad 23'F on

10 seer condenser, pretty clean too I can see right through the fins. 24'F TD across my indoor coil (these unico's run a lot lower cfm/ton airflow dont they?) 30'F of superheat which hmm... not really much load on that coil with 66'F return temp... not sure what to think of that. About 5'F of subcool which I guess isn't all that bad, no name plate info regarding subcool on the condenser to what it's looking for. I'd think I would have a little more with not much load on the evap. Piping from the condenser goes straight through the wall into the basement, not like a 40' vertical lift or anything. J
Reply to
vh1117

Your answer is simple. You just dont see it. Here. Let me clarify it for you. YOU have NO business being sent on that call. Call your boss up and tell him to send someone out that knows how to properly assess a Unico system. While you are telling him that, tell him to get you trained on that type equipment. Why should you be allowed to mess with someones system when you have no idea if it is even charged properly?? If your friend called you and told you to come over and fill his cavity would you do it? Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

yep, lower cfms and higher velocity , better dehumidification for given tonnage over conventoinal ahu's , typically lower suction pressure thatn standard ahus on the same refrigerant

and although im inlined to agree with bubba , your readings dont look bad to me ,

"vh1117" wrote:

systems run at a lot lower cfm/ton then a normal AHU, dont they.lHere's my situation. Another tech was at the customers house yesterdaygand found evap. iced up heavily and removed a totally glogged filter. Ishad to return today to verify operation after a night of letting the evapFthaw.eHe told me to look for a leak which he insisted they was. These were my3readings.... R-22 TXV3OAT 69'F Head psi 175 (92'F condensing) lig. line tmp 87'FrSAT

42'F RAT 66'F Suct. psi 59 (33'F ) suct. line tmp 63'F ..suct. linebtmp out of evap 54'F.p) Think this is low on charge??? I don't think it is but just looking foruothereinputs. My condenser-split (ambient to condensing tmp) isn't bad 23'F ont10 seer condenser, pretty clean too I can see right through the fins. 24'FdTDnacross my indoor coil (these unico's run a lot lower cfm/ton airflow dont they?) 30'F of superheat which hmm... not really much load on that coilrwith 66'F return temp... not sure what to think of that. About 5'F of subcoolewhich I guess isn't all that bad, no name plate info regarding subcool ongthe condenser to what it's looking for. I'd think I would have a little moretwithanot much load on the evap. Piping from the condenser goes straight through
Reply to
The Freon Cowboy