Ultrasonic Humidification for CRAC environment

What is the realistic maintenance effort of an industrial ultrasonic humidification system?

I found a retro-fit unit for a Liebert, the water treatment system for it costs $1500, and approx $220 every 2 months for replacement resin cartridges.

I've heard that mineral deposit issues often out weigh the energy savings?

So with city water, a de-ionizer, am I still going to have tons of issues?

-John

Reply to
essenz

how could any method of humidification, ultrasonic or otherwise use any less energy then the latent heat of vaporization of water...??

Sure the ultrasonic method may mist the water using less energy, but the mist will evaporate in the air, cooling it and you need to make up the lost heat, .....in the winter anyway...

The way I see it, it's pay me now or pay me later and the bill is 2.4 kW per gallon.

Mark

Reply to
makolber