U.S. National Oil Fired Boiler

I thought I'd try alt.hvac before alt.antique......
I need whatever info may be available for this 1970's boiler. Links or past recollections.
It WILL be retired after one more season but until then I would feel better about it if I knew a little more than nothing about it.

If you really need one more year, why not call a competent technician and have them go over the complete system?

Why? That's why you're calling in a professional. Ask them the questions you have when they arrive.

better to have partial vision than to be totally blind.

Good Luck;
http://home.howstuffworks.com/how-to-repair-oil-furnaces.htm
HTH, -zero

You ask questions about the things that concern you. It's really not that hard.
Did you have a book for reference to ask questions on Usenet? If not, how did you ask a question here?
See, it's pretty simple.

So it's easier to come up with a pertinent questions when you have less info to go on? You must be a great debater pulling those questions out of thin air.

The quest of all Great Debaters is to achieve the level of Master-Debater.
:o)
-zero

Is the boiler safe? Is the boiler efficient? Does the boiler require anything for safe operation? Is there anything I need to do as routine maintenance? Do you see anything that would concern you? Can you get me a proposal for a new system?
Man that's hard!

answered the question.
and you had to come here , to get that information . and people wonder why we think ho's are stupid
snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net wrote:

No, it was four posts to post questions that any competent person could do on their own. I guess you don't qualify.

that you have no professional knowledge on the unit.

You Sir, are on the way to being putzed.

ROFL!
-zero

You're one clueless twit...
When your car breaks down, do you require a manual *before* you're able to take it in for repair and tell them its broken? Geez... life must really be hard for a guy like yourself.

attempt to look into the problem yourself. You would never buy a Chilton manual? You would never approach your brother in-law the mechanic?
Who's the clueless one here? And foolish.

You're stupid and unfortunately, there's not a cure. I on the other hand, don't require a manual to ask questions. Bye-bye Putz.