Two ideas: Misting condenser or adding an additional fan?

In order to improve a/c efficiency some have used misters.
Would increasing air flow by placing another fan in series with the original also help?
Appreciate any feedback on misting, etc.
prepare for a misting :-)
---
What ? I mist it.
On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 13:47:45 -0400, "Real Pisser"

www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 18:37:28 -0500, "Oscar_Lives"

    Don't laugh - I had a deli customer once that took the condensor coil for the walk-in and stuck it in a big leaky-assed bucket of water, then set a hose to slow feed constant-overflow the bucket. Nice.
    He told me he regularly dumped a gallon of bleach in the bucket to 'de-calcify the coil'. Which was plugged solid with calcium, of course.
    Couldn't understand why it was leaking in like 100 places, either.
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
BoyntonStu wrote:

Hi, IMHO increasing air speed i not a good idea. Too fast air velocity will reduce heat transfer. Same with evaporater blower. <isting I believe in. Once I had rigged mister for my tow truck rad. pulling 7000 lbs. fiver. It sure helped keeping the rad. from overheating in hot summer days.
Our mechanics where I work use misters to get a chiller through an extra season or two.
They work. But they deposit calcium on the coils, and that insulates them. It's not a long term solution, just an emergency stopgap.
Spray higher volume, and put in a drain. Like Aprilaire humidifiers.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
TimR wrote: