Trends

Don't forget that all three trades have homoaners who think the work of all three trades is simple and that the homoaner can do the work as good as the tradesman and not get ripped off.

Look at alt.home.repair: Nearly all the questions are from homoaners who are too cheap to get a pro to do the job.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Hey Matt: My 5-year old house has a sewerage backflow valve in the basement right where the main sewer goes out the foundation footer. Is there any maintenance that needs to be done to this backflow valve?

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Hmmmmm

No, no maintenance is needed, provided they used quality materials. Also, there are several different types of sewage backflow devices; some with a 'flap', somewith what looks like a ping pong ball.... etc.

I'd bet you have nothing to worry about.

Reply to
Matt

Tell me how EPA recovery/reclaim/tracking has affected your bottom line, and how much you've had to shell out for DOT tanks and disposal. Or how the trade is getting more complicated every day by electronics and changing refrigerants, lubricants, and certifications.

Remember what was said on this group a number of years ago.

How do you tell a plumber from an HVACman? Put both up to their necks in a tankful of shit, then throw a rock at them. The one who ducks is the plumber.

Matt wrote:

Reply to
Vicki Szaszvari

Reply to
Vicki Szaszvari

Noon, there is a lot more to plumbing than the three things you mentioned. You'd never make it as a plumber-- you forgot "Hot on the left, Cold on the right" and the most important part of the master test-- getting a dip of snuff without using your fingers.

Reply to
lp13-30

Don't forget: "If it is brown, it ain't a pickle".

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Sometimes even if it's green .....

How about 'if it's in a large porcelain container that's too large to fit in the fridge, don't eat it' ?

Paul ( pjm @ pobox . com ) - remove spaces to email me 'Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.'

HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's Free demo now available online

Temperature / Pressure charts for 38 Ref's

pjm

Try getting charged for grease/waste recovery and disposal.

I will tell you that although elctronics hasn't hit us too hard yet; I will tell you that the price of a water heater has risen between 30

-60% over the past 5 years based on fuel efficiency requirements; not to mention the constant mods that are mad to preven people from blowing themselves up when they spray paint their camaro next to the water heater.

Copper alone has risen by 25% in the last 6 months.

Look folks, I didn't want to make this a contest as to who has the harder and/or more technical job.

I just wanted to know how your job flow is doing this quarter.

Reply to
Matt

Guess you never heard of black death.

Reply to
Matt

But where do you put the beer tap??

Reply to
Noon-Air

My plan for global domination is right on schedule.

Reply to
B-Hate-Me

And its a bitch being in my shoes...I end up being the DD for all yall...

Just got back from the coast...went down for some offshore...nothing like being out of sight of land, with two drunks on board, and knowing that you just have to go west to find land...but WHAT land is the question....made for a fun trip in...only missed or landing point by 40 miles..LOL

Reply to
steve

Its busy as its been before. The weathers been odd, so its had slow points..but bottom dollar its up. It was good enough I took Friday-today off...went skeet shooting and fishin on Friday, and headed to the coast friday night...got back today..been great.

Reply to
steve

How many points for buttcrack?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Slowly walk backwards toward the tap. Stop when I tell you to, and I'll pull the handle on the tap.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

As a total asshole/buttcrack, you really don't need to ask this, do you?

Reply to
Matt

Here's some of Stormy's "christian values". Wishing misery upon people so he can live large.

Reply to
B-Hate-Me