Trane XLI 15

Hi guys can you help me. Lighting hit my home a took out my compressor on my a/c unit. Thank God my insurane company is paying for new unit. Had a repbutual trane dealer in sarasota,fl come out. I would be getting the 3 ton 15 XLI model#4TWX5036 but the air handle will be a 3 ton v-speed model#4TEE3F37B air handler because thats what can fit in my (inside) a/c closet. My duct supply (out)& return (in) are in same closet, which they are making bigger. House was built in 12/2003, R-30 in attic ,ranch w/6/12 pitch,22 windows. this system will replace a goodman 10seer outside unit with a 3.5 ton air hander inside. My queston is is the trane air handler above still a good unit? even if it not getting me a true 15 seer rating? Any thoughts guys? Sure would love to here your thoughts!! thanks, Paul -------------------------------------

The system will only be as good as the installer.
Steve wrote:

It will be twice as good if you use 2 good installers. ;-p

The correct answer would be yes and no that is for your tech. to determine if lighting did any job on it or not. none one in the land of internet can be a God to tell you without inspecting the unit if is good or bad!