Trane XE1000

Can someone tell me if the Trane XE1000 is a two stage heat pump? I've been to their site and the manual doesn't contain that information. Also, if that information isn't possible could someoen please tell me what a two stage heat pump is?
XE 1000 is not a 2 stage, an XL19i or XL16I are two stage. Trane's two stage units have two compressors. The capacity of the unit will change from half capacity to full capacity depending on load requirements. Say a five ton unit, The first stage is 2.5 ton, if thermostat is not satisfied within a certain period of time, the 2.5 ton compressor goes off and the 5 ton comes on, the air handler changes the cfm accordingly.