Trane Warranty Item or Not?

This is a Trane XR11 outside fan coil unit with metal fatigue all around the center of the cover/grill where the fan mounts. Installed in 2003. Trane says no!

Chuck

Does it have a 10 yr warranty? Probably not... Buy a new one.

geothermaljones

Reply to
geothermaljones

Naw. I'm just gonna pull the cover and weld in a new center piece for extra support.

Reply to
Chuck

Let me know when it sounds like a blackhawk & wakes the neighbors.

geothermaljones

Reply to
geothermaljones

Actually, The UH-60 helicopter is relatively quiet.

PS- That condenser get hit with falling ice?

Reply to
HVAC

Actually I am unsure what started this situation. Ice is not a factor in our locale (too far south) and I am unaware of anyone standing on top. Definitely metal fatigue at this point though. Just not sure what got a crack started.... I have only seen this once before. Anyone else run across this?

Reply to
Chuck

Perhaps the blade threw a shim and this was caused by excessive vibration. Perhaps not.

Reply to
HVAC