Trane TXV problems on XR-13 4 ton split system

Page 1 of 2
Please Help......New tradesman trying to diagnose this problem.....This system was installed may of 06 and since we have had 3 txv valves go bad. Before I change this valve again, this just sounds to weird..... Am I missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated.....Thanks in advance!!!!
Brent; PJ is right if you want some one perhaps try to help you you need to give little more info. what type system is this does unit have solenoid in liquid line does unit run constantly does unit cycle on and off does unit have hot gas bypass does unit have auto. pump down what temperature is this system design for what is the application what refrigerant is use on what type control does it work of: ON/OFF or PID what is temp. deviation if works on ON/OFF controll what is pressure running what is pressure stand by what is pressure beginning of cycle what is the pressure at the end of cycle what position is TXV mounted vertical or horizontal what type of TXV is this internal or external equalized what is temp. at thermal bulb beginning of cooling cycle what is temp. at thermal bulb at the end of cooling cycle
you answer all these questions and perhaps some one will be able to gave some idea to the cause of your problem
Good luck from Dido

And don't forget to tell him about CLOSING the return air vents upstairs so the hot air on the second floor will flow down the stairs with the cooler air! Dildo...our A/C newsgroup expert! ROTFLMAO!!!!
--
Respectfully, Bob

Trane XR13 4 ton split

no
no

no
residential air conditioning

residential

thermostat
standard differential

outdoor pressure is 14.7 psi at sea level

same as above

same as above

same as above

what about diagonally?

non-bleed
there, I answered most of your questions, whats wrong with the unit?
OP: post the model number of the outdoor unit, then the following:
Evap Air inlet temp Evap Air outlet temp Suction pressure at compressor Suction line temp near evap inlet Suction line temp near compressor
Condenser Air inlet temp Condenser Air outlet temp Liquid line pressure (preferably liquid line and not head pressure) Liquid Line temp near condenser Liquid line temp near txv
Once we have these temps & pressures, the system can usually be accurately diagnosed over the internet
You might also indicate for us what position the sensing bulb is located in. If horizontal, at what position clockwise?
Is there a liquid line filter drier in the refrigerant lineset?
If you are serious about wanting help, you first must learn to ask the right questions.....

snipped-for-privacy@gonefishin.net wrote

Hey, these can't be relevant questions! Otherwise, Dildo would have asked them! He's our resident expert, ya know....... :-) Oops! I have to go.... I have to put more fans at the bottom of my staircase to force the hot air back upstairs, ever since I closed the return air vents like Dildo suggested.......
--
Respectfully, Bob

wrote

No I am not but you are So smart ass give us solution to the problem DIDO

That's one of many differences between us... I don't try to answer a question if I don't know the answer.....you do.... and that's what makes you a Dildo!
--
Respectfully, Bob

For one thing, exactly what is happening when the valves "fail"?If they are acting like they are closed off and the unit is pumping down into a vacuum, and then the system works ok for a while after the valve is replaced, the system most likely has crap in it plugging the valves up, or it has moisture in it and is freezing up at the valve when the load drops and the suction pressure gets down much below 60. BTW, I am assuming you are talking about the valve on the indoor coil, or is this a heat pump and it is the outdoor valve? We have had several of them (that new style HP OD valve) that were DOA on brand new units, though I am not aware of any multiple failures. Larry

Shit man, common sense...
In the absence of any other diagnostic tools, can always simply "feel the pipes"--your looking to find some place where the heat unexplicitly stops moving...

wrote

When we get the needed information to the CORRECT questions... someone will.

Come On, Dido! use your weapon now! show them your belly button tattoo!
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p216/DIMwit_03/BellyButtontattoo.jpg
Bob
wrote

But YOU have posted more questions You are Pro. So how about give us solution Thank you Dido

Dildo say that!

Solve a problem BEFORE getting required info?
Oh where is that crystal ball????

Trane has had many problems with their expansion valves.
Try using a Sporlan TXV or drop it for an orifice.
B-Hate-Me wrote:

I hope you have found what you was looking for I do have problem with hemorrhoids

You are a hemorrhoid and a fissure all in one!

My friend you seem to be with experience in that line perhaps you can give us some pointers how is being one

Yes, I could tell some very sad stories...