Trane open high limit

Page 1 of 2
Hi
I have a Trane "Gas-Fired Fan Assisted Combustion System" with "Intelli-Ignite" home furnace (model TDE060A936KZ) that I believe is reporting a false "Open High Limit Device" error. It will operate just fine for days then suddenly report this error and refuse to ignite. It may choose to do this upon startup in the AM while completely cold; having been idle all night.
The reason I believe it's a false indication is that while it was reporting the error I checked each sensor to see if was open and they all reported closed. Also, usually, simply cycling the breaker for the unit will cause it to resume normal operation.
The filter is clean and there is ample air-flow.
So the suspect now is the control board. Are there diagnostics that can be run on these boards? Is this common for a board to just malfunction like so? Is there a reset procedure?
Thanks.
Brian

Yes, you need the Electronic Board Tester by Trane. It will tell you exactly what is wrong with your furnace.
Part # BAY07843-A
Its $375 at the local Trane supply house. Where are you located?

You can also use the Goodman board tester for the Trane boards. You just have to redo the connector to adapt to the trane connections (common parts from Radio Shack). Also, the fault codes have to be corrected dividing the result by .30 and then adding "2".
I've got the Goodman board tester V.6.23, but any of them above V.4 or higher should work fine on the Trane boards. Mine was ~$42 at the Goodman supply house last year.

(Psssst, Oscar, Don't say anything, but I made all that crap up........ I knew he was a homemoner,,,, Thanks for the info thou on the Board tester. :-)))

I've had terrific success with the Ford Pinto Combustion Module Tester. About $12.99 at Auto Zone. Of course, I had to solder all new multipin connnectors on. Which was no problem, cause the guy wasn't using the multipin connectors at the moment cause I had the board out.
Divide by 0.30 and then add 2. I had to do much the same.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Yea, things tend to report errors till they are reset.

Are you sure? Do you test it? If so, how?

Why can't it be a problem due to "lack of maintenence" or an "installation issue"?

Sure, how much money you want to spent to test it?

Not likely.

Yes
Your welcome

kjpro
your the hack bubbs. we ALL know it ;)
One day you will too!
HAHAHA old man!
-Canadian Heat
-- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- -
On 02 Feb 2007 16:14:52 GMT, DANgER ( snipped-for-privacy@heat.com) wrote:

You really need to see a doctor about this, Canuck. Your really humpin my leg hard. Bubba
The guy asked for help, I offered a guess at what I think the cause is given his diagnostic. If he's dumb enough to do something he's not confident doing then o well.
This isn't rocket science. No offence.
-Canadian Heat
On 03 Feb 2007 04:50:42 GMT, DANgER ( snipped-for-privacy@heat.com) wrote:

A guess?!!! Bahahaha. DANgER, you're a friggin moron and you keep showing everyone. That's all you'll ever be good for is a stupid wild ass hack guess. Go play in front of a train. Bubba
Wow I guess your bubbas boyfriend. 2 idiots to play with now. Your as dumb as bubbs!
-Canadian Heat

Sorry, I don't swing your way.
KYpro!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-Y_Jelly
enough said! BAHAHAHA
-Canadian Heat
On 04 Feb 2007 17:16:43 GMT, DANgER ( snipped-for-privacy@heat.com) wrote:

You mean your 10 word vocabulary has run out? Go lick a window, dickhead Bubba

You nailed it, this guy could be the poster child for window lickers. Stormy's going to lose his job... LOL

bubba, does your wife wash windows?
what is this obssesion with me and windows?
HAHA
-Canadian Heat
On 05 Feb 2007 04:40:15 GMT, DANgER ( snipped-for-privacy@heat.com) wrote:

Lick it Canadian boy. Bubba
On 04 Feb 2007 03:23:40 GMT, DANgER ( snipped-for-privacy@heat.com) wrote:

You havent even learned to play with the first you tard. How's it feel to be an outcast? Bubba

I believe he likes it... as there is no other reason for him to be a compete dickhead (besides stupidity).
What do you get when you have 32 Arkansasians in the same room?
A full set of teeth.
HAHAHAHA
We only need a few more of you slobish overweight rednecks to make a smile!
-Canadian Heat