Trane heat pump controls

I have a customer that bought a Trane heat pump and had it installed by "Billy-Joe-Jim-Bob". I am not a Trane guy, so I don't understand all I know about them. I have it working with one exception... Here's the info then the question.

XL1400 heat pump TWY036A100A3 N206RA81F The control wires were not connected correctly, and I have the basics correct for 24v, contactor, common, and RV, The problem lies with 3 wires...... brown, black, and red w/white stripe.

Here's the question....

Which one of those 3 wires energize the air handler heat strips so it doesn't blow snowballs in defrost??

The books and paperwork that the owner has are not real specific. Any help please??

Thanx

Reply to
Noon-Air

As you would say:

"Just find a *COMPETENT* tech to do it.....and this doesn't necessarely mean it has to be a Trane dealer."

"Too bad I can't *SEE* it through the computer... that might make it a bit easier to diagnose. Other than that, my crystal ball is frosted over because its so damn cold outside.......but my home is nice and comfy :-)"

"What did your favorite, local, *COMPETENT*, licensed, professionally trained, HVAC technician say??"

"Maybe you should call a tech before your cause any more problems with the system??"

"You are clearly over your head on this one, let the contractor do it."

"Its broken, call a tech."

"Time to call your favorite local competent, licensed, insured, professionally trained, HVAC tech to diagnose and correctly repair the system."

"Call a tech before you let the smoke out of anything else."

Reply to
volts500

Steve, you're a regular on the group. I'd tell you anything I knew about heating. Not that you'd need it, cause you're already a pro.

That said, I've never worked on Trane, and only dissembled and taken out heat pumps. Wish I was more help.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Call a Mormon, at least they are honest"

(Sorry, Steve, it was too easy for me to type that. Now I've got to repent.)

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

So do your customers!

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

whats the red wire with the white stripe for?

Reply to
gofish

Brown is anticipater wire - black energizes heat strips in defrost- red(maybe pink) with white stripe fault wire??

Reply to
geojr

That one goes to cable TV.

Reply to