Trane heat pump controls

I have a customer that bought a Trane heat pump and had it installed by "Billy-Joe-Jim-Bob". I am not a Trane guy, so I don't understand all I know about them. I have it working with one exception... Here's the info then the question.
XL1400 heat pump TWY036A100A3 N206RA81F The control wires were not connected correctly, and I have the basics correct for 24v, contactor, common, and RV, The problem lies with 3 wires...... brown, black, and red w/white stripe.
Here's the question....
Which one of those 3 wires energize the air handler heat strips so it doesn't blow snowballs in defrost??
The books and paperwork that the owner has are not real specific. Any help please??
Thanx
--

Steve @ Noon-Air Heating & A/C
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
Noon-Air wrote:

As you would say:
"Just find a *COMPETENT* tech to do it.....and this doesn't necessarely mean it has to be a Trane dealer."
"Too bad I can't *SEE* it through the computer... that might make it a bit easier to diagnose. Other than that, my crystal ball is frosted over because its so damn cold outside.......but my home is nice and comfy :-)"
"What did your favorite, local, *COMPETENT*, licensed, professionally trained, HVAC technician say??"
"Maybe you should call a tech before your cause any more problems with the system??"
"You are clearly over your head on this one, let the contractor do it."
"Its broken, call a tech."
"Time to call your favorite local competent, licensed, insured, professionally trained, HVAC tech to diagnose and correctly repair the system."
"Call a tech before you let the smoke out of anything else."
"Call a Mormon, at least they are honest"
(Sorry, Steve, it was too easy for me to type that. Now I've got to repent.)
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

whats the red wire with the white stripe for?

Brown is anticipater wire - black energizes heat strips in defrost- red(maybe pink) with white stripe fault wire??

That one goes to cable TV.