Trane fan "On" for outside air?

Page 2 of 3

Reminds me of the classified newspaper ad from years back:
Illiterate? Write for free help.
I've seen that on bumper stickers, also. Priceless.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

My all-time favorite is still a billboard in E TN...
"Tattoos While You Wait"
Yes, that's even better. Supposed I just leave my left arm, and pick it up in couple days with the tattoo?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

you did that at the barber, but forgot to do the pick up

That explains his incompetence!
On Jul 2, 7:52am, "Stormin Mormon"

You can say that again. I am used to seeing one or two idiots show up but this is a record catch we have going.
Harry K

You can say that again. I am used to seeing one or two idiots show up but this is a record catch we have going.
Harry K -------------
With guys named Chris and Harry leading the pack...

Harry K

Harry K
Likewise
*click*
Thousands of usene readers across the world. Now have been informed that one each, poster, will no longer appear on one, each, computer screen.
What a waste of bandwidth. Can I play? I had a fried red hot on sliced white bread for dinner tonight. Does anyone care?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Could not unencrypt your posting.

Translates roughly as "Who f'ing cares?"
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Stormy, When you get done with that big rock and bashing your head in, let me know. I need to give it to Harry K. He needs it as much as you. Bubba
<plonk> an idiot
You're to funny to plonk...

Come by my house and I will demonstrate it. In addition to the effect Mr. Hoffman posted, there is the 'moving air' effedt that keeps one comfortable at a higher temp than the AC is set at. Of course when it is time to turn on the AC, there is an additional few degree load for the machine to cool.
I have also considered making a basement floor level return air registger into the duct work. A full basement of very cool air is going to waste.
BTW. I suggest you just miiiigggghttt try somethign before calling a person 'nuts'
Harry K

Come by my house and I will demonstrate it. In addition to the effect Mr. Hoffman posted, there is the 'moving air' effedt that keeps one comfortable at a higher temp than the AC is set at. Of course when it is time to turn on the AC, there is an additional few degree load for the machine to cool.
I have also considered making a basement floor level return air registger into the duct work. A full basement of very cool air is going to waste.
BTW. I suggest you just miiiigggghttt try somethign before calling a person 'nuts'
<sigh> another google poster.... try that down here in the deep south. First off we don't have basements, second if you want to run your power bill up, go ahead on, 3rd, it will also raise the humidity level in your home and make it even more uncomfortable. Here is a little physics question for you... If you have a 10 x 12 room with 8ft ceiling, and its 80 degrees with 70% RH, how many btus of latent heat do you have.... now run the same calc at 75 degrees @ 50% RH.....How much electricity are you going to use to keep that room cool?? now tell me you just want to run the fan. Its a whole lot more cost effective to *MAINTAIN* a constant even temperature, than it is to have wild temperature swings.

Be careful of putting a return in the basement. You must have an equal supply if youre heating system in there. A return in a space with a natural draft or induced draft appliance can back draft the appliance. This is also against code.
The second issue is pulling warm moist air into a space cool enough to cause higher humidity or even condensation in the basement. This can cause mold to grow.
Andy

You already got the 'bad' news that it only circulates house air but..
The good news is that running it 'on' will significantly delay the start of the AC. Much cheaper to run that fan than the AC. In my case, when it becomes a bit uncomfortable in the house, putting it "on" will keep the AC from running for another hour or two if it isn't too hot outside.
Do a little homework sport, running the fan in summer in "ON" will actaully raise the humidity level in your home, and make you more uncomfortable.

Says another person who "I know what I know and don't confuse me with facts!" You might be right about the south (I been there too damn many years to ever want to go back), but I am not in the south. It works up here.
The humidity level in a house will be about static whether you are running that fan or not. The fan does not 'create' humidity.
So to your mind, running a fractional horse fan is more expensive than running a multihorse compressor....uhuh.
Harry K