Trane DLR wants new Mid Price/Quality line

Hi
We are currently a Trane dealer. We have just dropped Carrier because of their continuing price increases. We need a new mid line, that is mid quality and price. Trane will be our premier brand. We have been looking at York and some want us to look at Amana. Is Amana now not simply another version of a Goodman?
What do you guys think of York, I know they had some heat exchange problems a few years back?
Thanks in advance fany for any suggestions
Doug
posted for all of us...

Whatever you do don't ask SBM - keep this between us ;~)
--
Tekkie "There\'s no such thing as a tool I don\'t need."

Does York have a non-variable speed 95% effecient natural gas model for sale yet?

On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 18:13:32 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com wrote:

Cmon, Doug. It sounds like you've been in business. Dropping a line because they are increasing prices?? Guess what? They all do. Look how Goodman has been increasing their parts and furnaces/A/c's. They are all just pretty boxes anymore. Pick your poison. Your best bet is picking a wholesaler that will take care of your and your equipment. The same way a customer should worry about the servicing dealer and NOT the pretty colored box they bought. Bubba (Yes, Amana and Goodman are one in the same now).
Bubba,
Thanks for the feedback. Carrier's price increases in this market have been much higher than Trane's. We don't buy from wholesalers, only direct from the mfr. We buy a lot of equipment. So a mfr that would provide excellent support is more important.
Doug

I'd go with Lennox for a mid line.

Lennox has two mottos
"Lennox, you can buy better, but you can't pay more!"
and
"Lennox, built to work, not to work on".
--
Respectfully, Bob

Thanks for the Lennox suggestion. Unfortunately, Lennox, for various reasons, has purchased several contreactors in our area and is now a competitor. I believe they did this as they lost so many independent dealers to other brands.

On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 18:13:32 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com wrote:

The Rheem or Ruud line

He said he wanted to add a mid line, not a better line than what he currently has.
I really like this line and they are rated well by Consumer's report. I also like the short cabinets as they can fit into more replacement scenarios, like Carrier's 33.5 inch mids. Unfortunately, it seems they do want to play in this area.