Trane DLR wants new Mid Price/Quality line

Hi

We are currently a Trane dealer. We have just dropped Carrier because of their continuing price increases. We need a new mid line, that is mid quality and price. Trane will be our premier brand. We have been looking at York and some want us to look at Amana. Is Amana now not simply another version of a Goodman?

What do you guys think of York, I know they had some heat exchange problems a few years back?

Thanks in advance fany for any suggestions

Doug

Reply to
wdgeddes

posted for all of us...

Whatever you do don't ask SBM - keep this between us ;~)

Reply to
Tekkie®

Does York have a non-variable speed 95% effecient natural gas model for sale yet?

Reply to
Kevin

Cmon, Doug. It sounds like you've been in business. Dropping a line because they are increasing prices?? Guess what? They all do. Look how Goodman has been increasing their parts and furnaces/A/c's. They are all just pretty boxes anymore. Pick your poison. Your best bet is picking a wholesaler that will take care of your and your equipment. The same way a customer should worry about the servicing dealer and NOT the pretty colored box they bought. Bubba (Yes, Amana and Goodman are one in the same now).

Reply to
Bubba

I'd go with Lennox for a mid line.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

"Oscar_Lives" wrote

Lennox has two mottos

"Lennox, you can buy better, but you can't pay more!"

and

"Lennox, built to work, not to work on".

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

The Rheem or Ruud line

Reply to
DK

He said he wanted to add a mid line, not a better line than what he currently has.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Bubba,

Thanks for the feedback. Carrier's price increases in this market have been much higher than Trane's. We don't buy from wholesalers, only direct from the mfr. We buy a lot of equipment. So a mfr that would provide excellent support is more important.

Doug

Reply to
wdgeddes

Reply to
wdgeddes

I really like this line and they are rated well by Consumer's report. I also like the short cabinets as they can fit into more replacement scenarios, like Carrier's 33.5 inch mids. Unfortunately, it seems they do want to play in this area.

Reply to
wdgeddes