totaline p274-0200

Hello. I am new to this forum so please bear with me if i make mistakes with anything.
I am a handyman, not a professional HVAC man. I got a used totaline p274-0200 from a friend and tried using it in a home. I have a problem though. I need the wiring diagram. He told me the thermostat cam out of a business with a 2-stage heat pump, if i remember correctly. I am just trying to put it in a regular home system. I have a 4-wire system and there are so many terminals to choose from on this thing. Please help, I have searched all over the web and the only thing that comes up is you guys. -------------------------------------
##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.hvac - 26352 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Looks like your gonna have to call somebody that knows what they are doing. BTW... why would you want to put a *USED* stat on a system?? whats wrong with it?? why was it *really* replaced in the first place??
Would you put an eight cylinder Ford Expedition distributor in a four cylinder Pinto? Just skip every other wire, y'know.
You're correct to ask what was the real problem which resulted in the job request to replace stat. "My car won't start; I've got to replace the ignition cylinder again. I've replaced the ignition lock four times, and havn't found one that will start the car."
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
kjpro @ news .com wrote:

He's a "handyman" not a professional. Didn't you read [I'm a jack of all trades and master at none of them!] Since he's not a professional, he's one who just "dabbles" and doesn't do it 8 hours a day 5 days a week. He just goes from job to job screwing up what ever he can find to screw up. In this case, a person's HVAC system that someone paid thousands to have installed.
--
Zyp

CJRICHARDS had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/hvac/Re-totaline-p274-0200-35026-.htm : I was given this thermostat by a friend. He removed it from a place that wanted to start using 7 day programmable thermostats. There is nothing wrong with the thermostat. I am using the thermostat in my own place because the one i currently have is an old mercury thermostat. Thank you for your kind assistance
##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.hvac - 26380 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
CJRICHARDS had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/hvac/Re-totaline-p274-0200-35018-.htm : -------------------------------------

No, the landlord is cheap and doesn't want to use new hardware when good used can work. And I don't screw things up. Only people who don't know how to ask questions screw things up. I thought I could figure this out and apparently couldn't. SO before I did potentially screw up a few thousand dollars worth of a/c equipment I thought I'd try and find a diagram online. I know I can get it together with the right install guide.
The thermostat came out of a business that went to 7 day programmable thermostats. There is nothing wrong with the Totaline thermostat. I put back the old thermostat for now and was hoping to get some help on a wiring diagram. Please any help would be appreciated.
I know I'm not a "professional" in any one trade but my experience has been even "professionals" can be jerks. To be a professional requires more than all that training you get at a vocational school or the years of on the job training you've had. It requires good people skills to. I may not have had the opportunities like some of the others on this website forum to get a proper education in HVAC but that shouldn't make me any less of a person in your sight. Please I am not trying to belittle anyone or be a jerk myself. I just needed help with a thermostat install/diagram guide.
##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.hvac - 26374 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Apparently you have a heat pump thermostat, which ( incidentally ) will work fine if you ignore all installation instructions and use it in a "heat only" system--this so as long as nobody *ever* sets the thing into auto or cool mode.
Have fun.

CJRichards had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/hvac/Re-totaline-p274-0200-35048-.htm :
------------------------------------- Bipolar Bear wrote:

but it works in cool mode. It cools just fine. What happens is that when you turn the heat on the fan comes on but the heater doesnt kick on. When i reinstalled the old thermostat the heater will kick on. With the new one it wont. Am i doomed to wait on the totaline customer service to email me about this?
##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.hvac - 26382 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
CJRichards wrote:

Am i doomed to wait on the totaline customer service to email me

Your Tech support guy in India is still in training to speak English and to read Chinese instruction manuals. Maybe in about 6 months you will get support with a Fee attached. I do hope you are good at translating sub-bilingual English. That is a Heat pump Thermostat! You don't have a Heat pump! Does that maybe give you a clue as to what your problem is? All you are doing here is providing entertainment for the troops.

You can lead a horse to water......
Steve wrote:

Call a HVACR repair company. That's how they make their living. If your too cheap to call the right people, then put the thing back in the box and forget.
--
Zyp

CJRichards had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/hvac/Re-totaline-p274-0200-35059-.htm :
All of you guys are ass's except Bipolar Bear. Bipolar Bear thank you for your assistance. I confirmed what you said with a guy that happened to be a HVAC guy in the area. Why do all the rest of you have to be such jerks? All I needed was a little help with a thermostat. Also I got what I needed from the Totaline website. The emailed me the install guide in a couple of days after posting on this website. All of you should be down right ashamed of yourselves. Just because a guy doesn't have all the proper training like you got doesn't make him a idiot. My father only got a 10th grade education and he is the Master Technician for a GM dealership. That requires knowing ever vehicle GM makes and knowing how to work on every inch of the vehicle. He gets more training every year from GM to keep him up to speed on new technology. I bet you bums would scratch your ass and look befuddled if you had to try and fix some of the cars and trucks he works on on a daily basis. When he talks to people about their vehicle he doesn't make fun of them if they said it makes a funny noise and it turns out to be nothing. He helps the to understand what is going on and how he will fix it. He is also a handyman on the side. Helping people who can't afford to have a dumbass "professional" tradesman like you come out. I will admit not all are dumbasses but its hard to find one who isn't. And all his clients have been pleased with the work he does. Who do you think taught me what I know?
Thank you again Bipolor Bear for your assistance and the rest of you can go to hell. I will never ask for help again from any of you unless I want some amusement from all of your dumbass comments.
##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.hvac - 26458 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
On 27 Oct 2008 02:45:24 GMT, haloboy84_at_yahoo_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (CJRichards) wrote:

LMAO!!! That would explain why I had to find the service bulletin and show it to the dumbasses after the 4th time for the same damn problem.
Anyone noticed how people want all kinds of stuff for free? Disrespecting the guys who get training, and invest time and money so we can serve you.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus