TO EMPLOYER AND BOSSES

Employer’s difficulty getting right people.
According to NBC Latest news: Employers are having difficulty filling “Jobs” 40% shortage, especially in skilled trades!
Some Advice to Employer and new Employee
Number one: Our Legislators should recognize that welfare without work creates a negative incentive that leads to permanent poverty; it robs people of “Self-Esteem”.
Number two: all “Employers” should also recognize that Employees are not disposable babies’ diapers and there need to be respected the same as is expected from employee to respect them Employer and Bosses
Number three: Boss is not being Bosses: that believes to be a Boss? Drives employees, Depends on Authorities, Believes in injecting fear, Says “I” instead us, Places blame for the breakdowns, Knows how is done but keeping it to himself!
Number four: Bosses that are Leaders: Coaches employees to do it, Depends on good will, Generate Enthusiasm, Says; “WE” instead of I, Fixes the breakdown, Shows how it is done!
Number five: Trades personal away from home needs to be respected and compensate for his/her inconvenience and not be I am Boss screw with field person and his/her family! (“I know I’ve being there”!)
Number six: Sellers must focus on the real price of every thing, what everything really costs to the person who wants to acquire it, is the toil and trouble of acquiring. What everything is really worth to the person who has acquired and who will dispose of it, or exchange it for something else, what is feasibility?
Number seven: Employer should and must remember that their Employees in person’ is no different then them self or their families, there are human just the same as they are!
Number eight: Any Organization In order to advance; the both sides Employer and Employee must work together, being Creative and be recognized for ones creativity, these benefits Employer and Employee; together you will succeed no cooperation there are no success! Developing Creativity and Applying it can be and it should be rewarding however? Everybody do not appreciate creativity, especially if you are working for some one that is narrow mined selfish and perhaps uneducated, they may fill treating and you may find yourself looking for a new job. It is necessary some time to back down and take it slowly without intrusion on seniority. There are Companies that reward their Employees, who are inventive and creative, but there are also some small companies that have old regime supervisors that don’t like new comer telling them how to improve production or Quality of product, sad as it might be remember I am talking from experience in these area, these things do happen more often then some people may realize. There are also many very bright people that don’t have engineering degrees, but their experience and knowledge supersede individuals with degree and no experience.
Number Nine: Always and I mean always one must remember:
RESPECT TO BE RESPECTED !!!
Tony944 wrote:

While I, and many others, may agree with many of the points you're made, I don't see how that accomplishes very much. I think it might be more effective to just go with the "mutual respect" theme, and (thus) keep it simple. But, HOW are you going to change the thinking of people/institutions from where they are now to where you want them to be? I am on your side--good luck!
Bill

I think a lot of the problem is business "management" courses. It is easy to manage (control) people; but a worthwhile boss takes an interest in the people and doesn't manage them, but leads them.
One thing I learned in the military was to trust the people working for me, learn their names, names of their wives, their problems, and be there to expedite their needs. Jump in and help when necessary. Without those people I can't do my job; I work for them.

Does that work when you must order them to take an objective that will likely result in their deaths? How do you pick who to 'send first'.. the most capable, in hopes that they will succeed on the first try, or the least capable, hoping that out of sheer dumb luck they will succeed in taking the objective, perserving your more capable people for the next objective?
I think it would be nearly inpossible to "know" your men and still order them to their death.