Tip: Working in hot attic

I just had a conversation with a chap who's putting more insulation in his attic. I jokingly reminded him to start at 3:00 a.m. to avoid the 135F attic temps we've been experiencing locally.
He said "Nah, no problem. I disconnect an A/C duct and let it cool the attic. Gets it down to about 80-85. I re-tape the duct when I'm done."
After reassembling the parts of my exploded brain, I calculated he might be on to something...
I've done that in a hot cellar, one time. Another fellow and I were installing central AC. Of course, it was killer hot. I think the other guy thought of it, to run the central AC for a few minutes, while we did the duct work. Did a good job, too.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

If only they had AC ductwork around the boiler in the power plant _TO_ unfasten!!!! Did a pulverized coal flow test in middle of July heat wave about like this one outside St Louis some years ago. 140F roughly around the boiler; it felt absolutely MAAAAHVULESS to go take break in the doorway where outdoor temps were only 105F or so...

    Reminds me of a time I was working on a BellSouth cable vault ( the little buried thingies they have all over, that are actually pre-cast concrete equipment rooms lined with racks of gear, and only the condensor and the hatch above ground ).
    I would go in for 15 minutes, and have to take a break ( no AC, it was hotter than hell in there ). As I stuck my head up the hatch for some air, I was rejoicing in how cool it felt by comparison.
    Then I remembered it was a 98 degree day, and very humid :-(
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Glad I wasn't there!
--
Christopher A. Young