thunderstorm...NO AC

2 weeks ago there was a thunderstorm that knocked out the power...flickered 3-4 times and then was done.
i have a generator (only runs lights and TV...no A/C) that I used for the 8hrs the power was out. I turned off the main breaker and the A/C's. Once the power was restored, my downstairs thermostat was blank. I can turn on the blower fan, but that is it. I replaced the themostat, but still nothing. I put the old one back on and then it worked.
Yesterday got the same thing...big stome..flicker...no power...hooked up generator and used until power restored. Now, no screen again on my thermostat. It is digital and has no battery backup. I can run the fan, but that is it.
Does anybody have any idea what is going on? I checked the furnace (Lenox). The 2 green lights are flashing together and slowly which from what I can tell (reading the panel) means everything is fine. I checked the fuses..etc...nothing is wrong as far as i can tell...I have the same system for upstairs, but it works fine...knock on wood as it is suppose to be over 100 today.
Thanks for the help.
Add pictures here
✖

Sounds like time to call your local Lennox dealer
Add pictures here
✖

Sounds like your generator is not "phase balanced". You can send it in to a dynamic balancing place but the fee is usually pretty hefty. Id either replace the generator with a newer "phase balanced" unit or have an electrician install a load balancing contactor with a resistor switch for better electron conductivity. Bubba
Add pictures here
✖
Bubba posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

Don't forget the flux capacitor
--
Tekkie

Add pictures here
✖
i went home and attached the thermostat back to the face plate and it started working...so i got a beer and sat in my A/C
Tekkie® wrote:

Add pictures here
✖

Watch your balls don't get caught in the fan!
--
Respectfully, Bob

Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 18:01:52 GMT, "Bob_Loblaw"

Squrrels store their nuts in there, somewhere.
Next time the display doesn't come up, beat on the Johnson Rod a few times.
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info