Thermostats for baseboard heaters?

We have Cadet baseboard heaters with the knob thermostats. We don't like them because it's hard to know what temperature you're setting them to auto-cycle at.
We're thinking of either getting wall thermostats or Cadet Smart-Base digital thermostats that plug directly into the heater. The Smart-Base are $50 versus $10 for the wall thermostats (which are knob rather than digital), but you don't have to cut a hole in the wall (or pay an electrician to do this, which is what we're planning to do).
Does anyone have any experience with the Smart-Base digitals? Is the higher price worth it?
On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 19:40:15 -0000, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Silly............higher is always better. Bubba