Thermostat Questions

Have a customer with 15 AC units. Wants to incorporate all of them into a network/computer system
Need suggestions, I usually don't get involved with this since all the big boys from Honeywell, Johnston, Barber Coleman usually snag them up right away.
Please, tell me what you think is a good solution and give me a link too if possible.
All systems using residential split heating and cooling. May be nice to also have the capability to control it over the network across town if necessary.
Thanks all
Rich