Thermostat question

I have a cabinet with audio/visual equipment in it. I want to add a temperature controlled fan. Will a normal wall mount thermostat switch a 12 volt DC fan?

No, you will need a special "cabinet audio/visual equipment" thermostat. Bubba
Look for a low voltage (verify 12V) stat that makes on a rise in Temp... Sometimes called "reverse acting"
geothermaljones

Use in cooling / AC mode?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

You should get a normal floor mount thermostat.
left spaces for comments ):

Yes
Should do the job. I'm not all sure what's the amperage rating of a typical thermostat. Half an amp, maybe.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

That's because your a dumb fuck who has no business advising anyone.