Thermostat question

I have a cabinet with audio/visual equipment in it. I want to add a temperature controlled fan. Will a normal wall mount thermostat switch a 12 volt DC fan?

Reply to
Al Schmidt

No, you will need a special "cabinet audio/visual equipment" thermostat. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

You should get a normal floor mount thermostat.

Reply to
Jim Dandy

Look for a low voltage (verify 12V) stat that makes on a rise in Temp... Sometimes called "reverse acting"

geothermaljones

Reply to
geothermaljones

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 12:46:14 -0500, "Al Schmidt" left spaces for comments ):

Yes

Reply to
The King

Should do the job. I'm not all sure what's the amperage rating of a typical thermostat. Half an amp, maybe.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Use in cooling / AC mode?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 21:35:28 -0500, "Stormin Mormon" left spaces for comments ):

That's because your a dumb f*ck who has no business advising anyone.

Reply to
The King