Thermostat for Visually Impaired?

Anyone have leads to a Heat/Cool Thermostat for visually impaired or blind folks? I am getting a few of my older clients that have these needs.

It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but *They mean to govern*. They promise to be good masters, *but they mean to be masters*. Daniel Webster

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

Honeywell has them. You need to get in tough with your supplier or the local Honeywell rep.

Reply to
Steve

3 catalogs in front of me and not one damned thermostat for the handicapped. Got a cousin at Honeywell in Atlanta. He is a specalist in wireless controls. Maybe he has something that someone else can control for these handicappers. They can all use handicap phones. Even cell phones are set up for handicappers. But not q damned common thermostat.
Reply to
PaxPerPoten

Geebus.

.p.jm.

Im waiting for a Thermostat to come out for the hearing impaired .

Reply to
ilbebauck

Huh? What? ....

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

Hope they also speak, battery low.

I got a bunch of old mechanical ones, you turn the dial to heat things up or down. If they had clickers on the degrees, would be perfect.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

I want a door bell that says "SOMEBODY'S AT THE DOOR!!"

Reply to
Steve

I want one that says "Go Away".

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

Chris most of guy loose hearing as soon as they get married any chance that happen to you, I am not going to lie it happen to me!

Reply to
Grumpy

Honeywell had a version of the "round" tstat that had raised letters on the temp dial, an extended "handle" with a deep ridge pattern on the dial, and braille dots on the sub base. It also clicked every couple of degrees.

Reply to
No Body