The refrigerator from Hell

Page 1 of 2
As a few of you on the board know, I do some appliance repair. Truck full of tools, and people think I can fix anything. Last September, I fixed a refrigerator about an hour drive from me.
Last week at 5:30 I got a page from the same fellow, it had warmed up again. He's got three kids and a wife, and he's in a hurry to get it fixed. I'm trying my best to get to a church meeting, and they don't let people in late. So, I'm talking on the cell phone while I'm driving to the temple, and hurrying up the walkway and steps.
He wants to know what's the problem. Against my judgement, I diagnosed the fridge over the phone. The next day, Friday, he called. I got the price of the part. He wasn't sure if it was in warranty, so he'd call me back. He did, I was out to lunch with a friend, and had left the card home with the model number and part number. I called the parts house, and they had already thrown away the slip with the part number. So, I called him back and got the model number, again. Called the parts house again, and and ordered a part. Not in stock. they can ship it across the state. Be at my place UPS on Monday or I can pick it up at the parts house on Tuesday. Ship it.
Monday I'm out, and I go install the part. Turns out to be the wrong one. I'll admit that was my screw up. I shoulda done the diagnostic. Figure out what was the bad part. My bad. So, I called him back. We compromised on I wrote him a store credit for a pile of money, and I'm now losing serious money on the job. And he's got me for the next couple jobs.
Saturday at 8:30 PM, and I'm home about to go to bed for church tomrorrow. So, his wife calls. The water line behind the ice maker has been leaking since Tuesday, and they have company and family coming tomorrow for thier daughter's confirmation. She wants it fixed.
I load what I can in the truck, and head for the hardware store. Shuck out bucks to buy a water hook up kit, and get back to the road. Pager goes off, and so I call. She's on the phone again. Said her husband is at the (other) hardware store, and he says they will take care of it, and cancell. By this time I'm about 45 minutes of my evening tied up on the job, and I'm about 20 miles from home. She closes the conversation with "I hope on the next refrigerator you repair, you are more careful, this has been a big inconvenience for us". Right, lady, you're the one calling me Saturday at 8:30 and you complain about inconvenience?
I guess there are customers from Hell, and then there are customers from SuperHell.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

Yeah anybody who reads alt.HVAC knows what kind of "repair" you do.

Anyone who reads alt havoc would know the quality of the posters there. I don't consider them a source of information. Havn't read t hat group in many months.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

They most all (except for that Dave guy)know enough to know that you didn't have a clue.
This post demonstrated that yet again.
Here it is:
"As a few of you on the board know, I do some appliance repair. Truck full of tools, and people think I can fix anything.
[That's because they haven't read alt.hvac or did and didn't associate you with your name there]
Last September, I fixed a refrigerator about an hour drive from me.
Last week at 5:30 I got a page from the same fellow, it had warmed up again.
[So much for it being fixed]
He's got three kids and a wife, and he's in a hurry to get it fixed.
[No. He's in a hurry to get you to do what he paid you for before, only right this time]
I'm trying my best to get to a church meeting, and they don't let people in late. So, I'm talking on the cell phone while I'm driving to the temple, and hurrying up the walkway and steps.
He wants to know what's the problem. Against my judgement, I diagnosed the fridge over the phone.
[How in the hell do you diagnose a problem you couldn't fix right the first time standing in front of the damn thing over the phone???]
The next day, Friday, he called. I got the price of the part. He wasn't sure if it was in warranty, so he'd call me back. He did, I was out to lunch with a friend, and had left the card home with the model number and part number. I called the parts house, and they had already thrown away the slip with the part number. So, I called him back and got the model number, again. Called the parts house again, and and ordered a part. Not in stock. they can ship it across the state. Be at my place UPS on Monday or I can pick it up at the parts house on Tuesday. Ship it.
[So now you are ordering a part that has to be shipped for a problem you diagnosed over the phone]
Monday I'm out, and I go install the part. Turns out to be the wrong one.
[Wow who would have thought?]
I'll admit that was my screw up.
[Another shock]
I shoulda done the diagnostic.
[No you should have called somebody who knows something about refrigeration and had them do the diagnostic]
Figure out what was the bad part.
[Probably the only thing left you haven't already swapped out]
My bad. So, I called him back. We compromised on I wrote him a store credit for a pile of money, and I'm now losing serious money on the job. And he's got me for the next couple jobs.
[It will take at least that many to fix everything you broke on their fridge + the original problem you still haven't figured out yet]
Saturday at 8:30 PM, and I'm home about to go to bed for church tomrorrow. So, his wife calls. The water line behind the ice maker has been leaking since Tuesday, and they have company and family coming tomorrow for thier daughter's confirmation. She wants it fixed.
[Funny how you worked on it and now suddenly the water line leaks huh?]
I load what I can in the truck, and head for the hardware store. Shuck out bucks to buy a water hook up kit, and get back to the road. Pager goes off, and so I call. She's on the phone again. Said her husband is at the (other) hardware store, and he says they will take care of it, and cancell.
[They figured out what the alt.hvac folks have known for a long time: You don't know what the hell you are doing]
By this time I'm about 45 minutes of my evening tied up on the job, and I'm about 20 miles from home. She closes the conversation with "I hope on the next refrigerator you repair, you are more careful, this has been a big inconvenience for us".
[She was that nice about it was she?, She should have asked for your NY HVAC contractors license or your 608 Cert number and listened to you really stutter and stammer].
Right, lady, you're the one calling me Saturday at 8:30 and you complain about inconvenience?
[Stop breaking their stuff and they'll stop calling, although I don't imagine you'll be hearing from them again now]
I guess there are customers from Hell, and then there are customers from SuperHell.
[Yeah damn those inconsiderate SOB's that actually expect you to fix the problem they pay you to fix without causing 6 more]
"
I don't consider them a source of information. Havn't read t

That's the best contribution you ever made to that group. If only your customers read the group before they hire you.

This is some funny shit!
Chris not only fails to fix the existing problem, but creates new ones! LOL
I guess this means that everything that's broken is from hell. Afterall, Chris can't fix them so it has to be true... LMAO

HAHAHA ROTFLMAO - good stuff!
Some folks create their own hell on earth...and then share it with others.
BogusID wrote:

snip the bs

The one thing funnier than the made up post of SM is the two retards who think its real.
I mean its true that SM is a retard but that frige post was pure BS made up by another retard with no life to be read and laughed at by other retards.
On 29 Aug 2006 15:06:57 -0700, "Power's Mechanical"

Mikey, Some times I REALLY wonder about you.................. Bubba
Bubba wrote:

I guess some activity is better than no activity.
Yes, amazing how retards post retarded stuff. Said to be written, rather retardely so, by a retard. And said to be reposted later by a retard who thinks that other retards will get a good retard laugh, much after the fact. Sounds like a good retarded time was had by all retards. Someday I'll give up working, go on social security, and then I can be retard.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Careful, or I'll throw a bottle of beer out the window at you.
\\ \\ -- \\ \\ Christ\\opher A. Young You c\\an't shout down a troll. You ha\\ve to starve them. . \\ \\
wrote in message \\ \\ \\ !!!!!!!BOOOM!!!!!!!!
you a mormon or a muslim terrorist?
wrote in

Well, we each throw what's guaranteed to be offensive. Terrs throw bombs, Mormons throw beer, or coffee. Same difference.
You scared of me, yet? I didn't think so.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

there once was a wannabee named chris who loved to post and be dissed.
As hard as he tried to fit in, every one loved onto him, piss.
and then one fine day, to everyone's dismay, he grew some balls and told all the techs to: my ass please do kiss.
guess I'm never gonna be a poet either. gotta stick to being ugly and dumb
Brrrrrrrt! what the heck is that stink?

Why did Richard Nixon always look grumpy? (drum roll please....)
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

--
Tekkie "There\'s no such thing as a tool I don\'t need."