The Fan

Page 1 of 3
Hello.....My house has 3 different units for A/C and one of then the fan is no working. Make a noise like is going to star working but the fan doesn't move and get really hot. It is possible that I can replace the fan and that will fix the problem?
sir,, if the motor still turns free,, then replacein thecapacitor will get it running..
your a clueless dickhead,
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Hey, at least I was more polite than that.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

A cliche in time saves nine.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Why aren't you out working?
The Freon Cowboy wrote:

Now that was an ignorant statement. Funny how combining partial factual content with a complete lack of understanding or explanation can make a statement appear to be plausable.
.

You're wrong AND polite........hmmm......
<begin Church-Lady voice over>
Who _does_ that_ sound like.....hmm?
Could it be,......... MORMON!!! <long echoing>
-zero
I'm not on web TV. Sorry..... I am also not Fundy Dave.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

But, you are just as stupid.

You forgot your signature... "Posted by Totally Clueless"
Unless the windings are open or short.
I have worked on a motor which spun free, but I wouldn't even waste a capcitor on it.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Do think it is smart advising a HO, you know nothing about, to try and change a capacitor (if he were able to purchase one). It is likely the motor is toast anyway and it wont fix the problem (well maybe if it's a GE cap). If the fan spins free with power applied it is more than a cap problem. The risks far out way the rewards in this situation... IMO.
Joseph

I will assume that man is smart enough to disconnect power and if motor is toast what he got to loose $20.00 so? Tony

NEVER take anything for granted

Then *why* is he here asking questions, Moron!

Bubba