The $98,000.00 Air conditioner

"The Minnesota Air National Guard probably doesn't need air conditioners," he said. The cost of an air conditioning unit per aircraft is about $98,000, McCuin said. Redesigns to add vents, scoops and other devices to increase cockpit ventilation for the rest of the fleet could add millions more.
Someone should be shot for this.
That is because US Gov. is hiring only people with there master degree and not what they know or what they can do. Gov. inspectors inspecting the paint making sure it is not scratch and it is shining but not if equipment is design or tested properly. some supplier over test material to braking point others lucky that material get anywhere near temperatures require. that I know first handed because I work with those test. Tony
<WTF> wrote in message

Tony wrote:

What? Damn Tony, lower your shorts so we can hear you [your mumbling out your ass again.]
--
Zyp

Yes I know "Zyp" you don't like what I am saying but you and others like to complain how much our Gov. is spending in testing. May be just maybe that we have laws to punished manufactures that chits perhaps it would be little different, instead when they get cut they pay off inspectors and judges to look other ways so the poor tax payer pays for all Thank you. Tony

Tony wrote:

I never said I "don't like *what* you're saying." It's how you're saying it! Dude, learn some english! You don't have to type the way you talk.
--
Zyp

"WTF" wrote in message

We can't even make our own fricking choppers any more? Un-F---ing believable!