tempstar expansion valve

I have a Tempstar Model # PHAD36NIKA heat pump, it was purchased in 2002. I was wondering if anyone knows roughly what it should cost to get the expansion valve replaced? I would like a rough estimate for all parts and labor. I was given a figure by a local heat and A/C company, but it seems high to me. I appreciate any info I can get on this. Thanks and have a great day.
I have found it depends in what part of the country you live as to the cost of anything being done
And it is a TXV in the evap or condensor?

It is the valve that would cause the pressure to not equalize. It also freezes the coils. thanks

Yeah, well, gasoline is a bit high too but lifes' a bitch and then ya die. If you dont like the price get another estimate, dill-rod. Bubba
Judging from your post, you obviously don't have a clue about the subject anyway. As far as the gas goes, you can always ride your bicycle.