Tech question- Carrier 58STA Ignites and blows out

I have a Carrier 58STA gas furnace that is four years old. The problem is when the thermostat calls for heat the inducer fan kicks on then the igniter will glow, the burner ignites and the flame will go out in about three seconds. The unit will restart the process and ignite normal and run until the thermostat turns it off. This happens every time. I had the local hvac company that installed it here two weeks ago and they performed a fall service stating this would clear it up. I had them back a week later and they said they had to clean the flame sensor. Well it didn't fix the problem so I replaced the flame sensor to still have the same problem. I not trying to play HVAC tech but I really want to fix the problem. I paid the company both times and they want to charge me for a service call to try to come out and fix it on the third time. Any direction would be helpful , Thanks in advance.

Uhhhh..... Call them again, and let them know it's still not fixed. You might NOT want to tell them you had your hands in it. If that doesn't work, try another company, as you'll be paying someone anyway.
I agree, call them back. Tell them it is doing the exact same thing. I suspect a cause here, the sequence of operation thing. An Annual Service would eliminate a majority of causality here and is a great first step. Now they need to spend some time with it and catch it in failure, if not redo the Annual Service.
Most companies do want your business so give them a chance to make it right. This isn't a walking in a room and turning a light switch on and light bulb going out situtaion (for us in the hvac field, and what you may have read on this board, the customer is always telling us, "the heat doesn't work so it it must be the thermostat.") You wouldn't replace the light switch but rather the light bulb, right?
I am not sure how the company you are working with is set up, but asking for the service manager to share your, "this is the 3rd trip" concern would not meet with apathy, condemnation or anger. It will get their attention and remember, we are in a business here and want to maintain your business relationship.
My cockiness does want you to post what they find, as I said, I do suspect a cause and want to know if I am indeed right. :-)
On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 18:32:30 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@mailcan.com wrote:

You "suspect a cause?" (the sequence of operation thing??)
Im pretty sure that's going to earn you a Darwin of the month award. Besides.........everyone knows its the thermostat. Bubba
On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 17:01:34 -0800 (PST), Vintage Pinballs

Just keep replacing parts and you'll get it. Also, I'd definetly replace the thermostat, it's always the thermostat.

They need to hook up a meter to it and determine if the control board is really sensing a no-flame condition before it shuts off the gas. In other words is the flame going out because the gas valve got turned off or is the flame going out so the control board turns the gas valve off and starts a relight.
You might take a look a the flame sensor position. It needs to be in the flame. Closer is not always better, it needs to be in the visible part of the flame.
On Mar 4, 11:24am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I forgot to ask, what pinballs do you have :-) I've got an aces & kings and a grand prix. I did a full cabinet repaint on both of them including making stencils. Here's a shot of my grandprix.
http://home.earthlink.net/~jamesgangnc/grandprix1.jpg