T-Stat/H-Stat Recommendation

Looking for a thermostat/humidistat recommendation.

Commercial space in a high rise office building that has a separate HVAC system from the rest of the building. Air handler with cooling coil in the space and the condensor is up on the roof. There are electric heating elements after the cooling coil but rarely used as this is 100% interior space. Present 'stat is a simple mercury bulb unit. 24V controls.

I'd like to replace this with a digital unit. That's simple enough and lots to choose from. However, I have some humidity issues...sometimes it gets kind of clammy in the conditioned space. Knowing that the heating elements are *after* the cooling coils I decided to try an experiment. I added a switch by which I can keep cooling on while flipping the 'stat back over to heat mode. The cooling system dehumidifies and the heating element becomes a reheater, cycling as needed to keep the temp up. It works very well in testing but I'd like to automate it so the cooling is not on continuously.

Is there a thermostat/humidistat available that will control this sort of reheat situation? Like either humidity or temp can cause the compressor to kick in and if temp is satisfied then go into reheat mode? And if temp continues to drop then shut off the cooling until it comes back up? Looking around online I see only units designed for heat pumps with hot gas reheat or units that allow humidity to call for cooling but no reheat and dehumidification ends if temp drops a couple degrees below setpoint. Is reheat control available for small systems or is that just something found on large building systems?

Reply to
Big Giant Head

Use a Lux--the thermstat preferred by 4 out of 5 minions.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Hi, Ho brainer, pick one from Honeywell.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Is this in a computer room?

Reply to
HeatMan

No. I believe it was built out that way primarily so that it could be run independently of the building's chilled water system which is off late at night and parts of weekends as the space might be used outside of ordinary business hours.

Reply to
Big Giant Head

Business, not a home.

Um...sure. Any help to find one other than searching for various combinations of 'thermostat,' 'humidistat,' 'reheat,' and/or '24V' ?

Reply to
Big Giant Head