sure is quiet in here

Get a grip.

Reply to
.p.jm.

How about office handicapped doors at the second floor(no elevators) of a trucking company? Wouldn't it make you feel great about 40 ton 18 wheelers sailing down the interstates with handicaps at the wheel? Automatic equipment to make cargo drops of course. Handicap parking mandated of course. License plate indicating handicaps.

Reply to
Don Ocean

Hey! Keep your perversions to yourself.

Reply to
Don Ocean

Ceaseless asininity breeds contempt. My newest bumper sticker.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

It's more fun to share. 'Tis better to give than to receive !

Reply to
.p.jm.

I can understand that. I had a call, a couple weeks ago. Just wire in a thermostat. Old one didn't have a common, new one needed it. There were orange and brown wires, not used. No problem. Just use the orange, and go to the roof wire it onto the terminal strip. Find out the orange doesn't make it to the roof, it's not connected some where. Try the brown. That also not connected. At the roof, R and G are jumpered, so just use G for ground. Find out that the R and G are rubbing some where, and I'm blowing fuses on the board. After about 8 hours of going up and down a ladder, I sure needed all the help I could get!

I learned a heck of a lot. One thing I learned, that having a good helper on the other end of the wire, and a couple walkie talkies would make the job go easier.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

We found 55 bad speakers in a K-mart ceiling, I'm glad there was a rolling stair. I'm still hurting from all the walking and climbing. At least I haven't had to schlep any 5 ton compressors up my 24' ladder this season, yet.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Yes, those compressors get heavy, in a hurry. I somtimes wonder how many just get left on the roof.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Getting the old compressors *off* the roof top isn't the problem. Gravity is a wonderful thing :-) I bullseyed a steel trash can filled with table slops with a 7 1/2 ton trane compressor from the top of a second story roof. :-)

Reply to
Noon-Air

I can carry a 5 ton up a ladder but I can't quite make it with a 7 1/2. The last place had a dumpster next to the wall but the darn compressor was under warranty and I had to carry it back down. The box sure helps pad your shoulder. After a couple of days rest, I can probably carry another.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

That oughta take care of you birth control issues too.

Reply to
Don Ocean

Trust me-- Paul's advice is 100% on the money. I just had my second round of injections in my back yesterday morning and go for the third in two weeks. Can't tell if they are helping or not yet, but pretty sure I am facing surgery sometime in the fairly near future. I didn't "throw mine out" though. According to the doc, it is from 30 years of hard use. Discs totally worn out on my right side, something happening with the sciataic(?) nerve-- unbelievable pain from my hip to my big toe. Heed Paul's words-- it isn't worth it! Larry.

Reply to
Lp1331 1p1331

Hell, all the girls my age quit laying eggs about a decade ago. I'll have to find a nice young woman I can stand. Hey, perhaps a nice Russian gal, she could carry the compressors up the ladder for me.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I'd sure love to see that on Youtube. I bet some of the folks in the building wondered what that noise was!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Makes you wish for some kind of hoist with a big crank winch. There's got to be some way to rope that kind of thing up the side of the building.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Not tonight, dear, I feel like I've just carried five tons to the roof."

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Paul said something useful? Really?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You need a short, blonde Swedish masseusse named Helga. The Bone Cruncher, who can also carry compressors. Just don't try and grabass her blonde haired, blue eyed teenage daughters.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Back surgery isn't a whole lot of fun either....been there, done that herniated disc...L4-L5. Fortunately I had a really great neurosurgen, and was back to work with no restrictions after 6 weeks. I was ready to go back to work after the 4th week tho.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Last time I was able to rent a man-lift that I could tow with my truck... was inexpensive... $150 for a half day, and did the job nicely.

Reply to
Noon-Air