sure is quiet in here

Page 2 of 3
Stormin Mormon wrote:

We found 55 bad speakers in a K-mart ceiling, I'm glad there was a rolling stair. I'm still hurting from all the walking and climbing. At least I haven't had to schlep any 5 ton compressors up my 24' ladder this season, yet.
TDD
Yes, those compressors get heavy, in a hurry. I somtimes wonder how many just get left on the roof.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Noon-Air wrote:

I can carry a 5 ton up a ladder but I can't quite make it with a 7 1/2. The last place had a dumpster next to the wall but the darn compressor was under warranty and I had to carry it back down. The box sure helps pad your shoulder. After a couple of days rest, I can probably carry another.
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

That oughta take care of you birth control issues too.
Don Ocean wrote:

Hell, all the girls my age quit laying eggs about a decade ago. I'll have to find a nice young woman I can stand. Hey, perhaps a nice Russian gal, she could carry the compressors up the ladder for me.
TDD
You need a short, blonde Swedish masseusse named Helga. The Bone Cruncher, who can also carry compressors. Just don't try and grabass her blonde haired, blue eyed teenage daughters.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
The Daring Dufas wrote:

And you too.. Is the expense in vodka worth it?

Don Ocean wrote:

Believe it or not, I've never consumed an alcoholic beverage in my life. I've never smoked anything or taken an illegal drug but I've had a lot of fun watching a large number of idiots scarfing down or inhaling tons of the stuff. I was the permanently designated driver in my college days. I have the unique ability to embarrass grownups. "You saw grandma remove her WHAT and swing it around her head?!" I often amuse myself by filling in the memory gaps of a lot of former hippies.
TDD
Is that a religious thing, or just your personal standards?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

It has nothing to do with any religion, heck, I have no fear of terrorists because as a small boy, I had Irish nuns for teachers. My refusal to ingest poison has to do with the fact that as a kid, I studied biology, chemistry and physics. I've always been interested in medicine and won't take any drug unless I know what it is and what it will do to me. I also have stubborn streak that resists anyone or anything having control over me. I was this pain in the tuckus kid who observed everything around me including human behavior. I observed people drinking alcohol staggering around and falling over things or getting into accidents and being injured, killed or doing the same to people around them. As I got older, I started losing friends and acquaintances to drugs, alcohol and the resulting auto accidents. In the early 80's I lost three friends from the same group including a young woman I had been involved with. She died of a heart attack at age 27 because of the controlled substance she used, it exacerbated a medical condition she had. It was a long time before I got involved with anyone again.
TDD
On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 09:36:48 -0500, The Daring Dufas

    Kinda like an innoculation. If you can survive Sister Mary Fuckface and her ruler, you can survive anything
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
.p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

Well, at the school, there was Sister Torture, Sister Autopsy, Sister Defenestration, Mother Mothra and Father Bigfoot.
TDD
"Not tonight, dear, I feel like I've just carried five tons to the roof."
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Last time I was able to rent a man-lift that I could tow with my truck... was inexpensive... $150 for a half day, and did the job nicely.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Such is available in the HVAC catalogs. Try Granger.

I'd sure love to see that on Youtube. I bet some of the folks in the building wondered what that noise was!
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
The Daring Dufas wrote:

How about office handicapped doors at the second floor(no elevators) of a trucking company? Wouldn't it make you feel great about 40 ton 18 wheelers sailing down the interstates with handicaps at the wheel? Automatic equipment to make cargo drops of course. Handicap parking mandated of course. License plate indicating handicaps.
Don Ocean wrote:

Ceaseless asininity breeds contempt. My newest bumper sticker.
TDD