Sun Shades for AC

the sun isn't pounding on the AC, it will work better. Right?????

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Looks like some of your handywork.

Reply to
Steve

He never did work that nice.

Reply to
.p.jm.

Good point :-\

Reply to
Steve

Nope! The shading shield has to be big enough to cover the repairman, his beer cooler, lounge chair and maybe even the unit.

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

Have you guys come up with a shield that is Tornado proof down there yet?

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

Yeh - we call it 'big trees'. When they deploy on the AC unit, you are no longer concerned about AC unit problems.

Reply to
.p.jm.

Ill settle for a big old Oak Tree shading the entire unit so the Tech can get be a bit cooler on a scorching hot day. To heck with the unit.

Reply to
ilbebauck

If you are in need of water let us know. ;-p And..No! Our Air conditioners are not yet on Pontoons. They go down with the house.

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

I always thought of installing one. It's like having a window exposed to the suns rays entering the residence, in my case reducing the sun on the condenser does not reduce the heat buildup on the brick on the side of the house. The air gets sucked up passing the brick. It definitely helps installing the unit on the north side. I'm stuck. On top of that, I installed a deck. I think local code states at least three feet clearance, and I also installed an air deflector so the air does not recirculate.

Greg

Reply to
zekor

Worse case is the roof. I was trying to crawl around my shiny galvanized shed and it was very hot to touch. Worse case in the desert on the roof!!

Greg

Reply to
zekor