stupid idiot homemoaner

let you guys know on my noisy residential (1800 sf) compressor about a month ago

did nothing and the a/c is still working fine. still noisy about 70 db

Are there residential compressors that need their oil/lube checked? within the past 10 -15 yrs?

i'll have the system checked by tech in oct.

i look forward to chatting with all of the mensa canidates, if you know what i mean :)

peace, much love

jim

Reply to
ythread
70 db is really quiet...that is bragging rights No oil/lube check

Reply to
daytona°

70 isnt so bad. Ive heard louder. If you need to oil and lube your compressor there are two "zert" lubrication fittings on the bottom of all compressors. Sometimes you have to unbolt the 4 bolts to tip it up enough to reach them. Make sure you have a 90 degree grease fitting. Put about 10 pumps into the oil bearing fitting and 6 pumps into the shaft fitting. Pull the plug on the bottom side of the compressor to drain the oil. Refill to just about the top of the suction fitting using 75-90w gear oil. The thicker oil works much better than the factory 40 weight stuff when its 95 degrees outside. Cheers, Bubba
Reply to
Bubba

Reply to
Tony

wonder if it isnt a bristol?

stormy . you always seem to be right on time with a comment that always seems to follow the thread ,

lets see you pass that NATE exam , then i'll take you seriously ;-)

1000 bucks would go a long way towards stocking that food bank in the mountains in utah . and might get you out of hot water with all your wives !!!

hell, maybe you could do a deeper genealogical search ,

who knows , ?????

"ythread" wrote:

Reply to
The Freon Cowboy

and rotate the tires.

i just want to make sure i use the right weight!!

damn it **i'm serial**

peace, much love

Reply to
jthread

That's an interesting comment as I was on a roof working on a cellar cooler condensing unit and the Bristol compressor sounded a real bag of nails. My initial 'looksee' reaction was it was not pumping -suction at 32 deg's c seemed to confirm my suspicions. However being the professional I am I surprised myself by fitting gauges and it was 12 psig on 134a - it actually had a leak and was well short.

Fixed leak then filled it up and it still sounded like a bag of nails...

Cheers

Richard

Reply to
r.bartlett

Noisiest Fuckin compressors known to man , i swear .

"r.bartlett" wrote:

Reply to
The Freon Cowboy